New Homebrew Club: North of Omaha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endlesstee

Reaction score
I recently relocated from California to Nebraska. Having been a member of the Maltose Falcons, I've found myself greatly missing the fellowship and supportive community of homebrewers nearby. Admittedly, Omaha is not exactly lacking in homebrew clubs, they just aren't close enough to accommodate my laziness. (I've been trying to make it to an Omahops meeting for the past four months, but nothing's come of it. Sloth: 1, Me: 0)

After stumbling into the local beer oasis that is Too Far North, I've managed to come into contact with enough people that are already homebrewers or think that homebrewing is a neat idea (read: obsession) that it'd be a good thing to start gathering on a regular basis. Furthermore, with the growing beer culture we have here in Omaha (and NE in general), I think there's no better time to start our club.

Here are the details:

Sandy and Dane at Too Far North in Ft. Calhoun have been kind enough to offer the use of their fine shop to host the meeting. Here's their facebook page (with the address): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Too-Far-North/135609698866

We'll be starting the meeting at 6:00 on October 8th.

As all of us are new to starting up our own home brew club, I plan to base the proceedings off what I remember from the Falcons' meetings. In other words, if you have homebrew you wish to share, please bring it and we'll also spend some time discussing issues that may be encountered during the brewing process. At the start of the meeting, I'll briefly talk about some of my favorite beers from California which inspired me to get into brewing and with which I became reacquainted during a quick trip out to LA and San Diego this summer.

Lastly, I also am extending invitations to any members of the other Omaha homebrew clubs--your experience will prove invaluable and our partnerships will only help strengthen the Omaha homebrew scene.

--Travis

From Blair eh? I grew up in Fort Calhoun so I am familiar with the area and place you speak of. I am a part of the railroaders but I may show up for this shindig on the 8th as it's always cool to BS with other local homebrewers. Unfortuantly I may run into some folk that I went school with though. Ha!

The meeting was small, but very good. We'll be meeting again on the second Tuesday of November (11/11/13) at 6:00, same location.

Hope you can make it out--we're hoping to increase attendance a little each month.

--Travis

Sounds great. That is Veteran's Day, so I won't be working that day. No work usually means a brew day. We'll see if I can make it out.

Good point. That's also the day after the Marine Corps Birthday, so I may or may not be functioning...

I'll keep this post updated as the fog clears.

Iffin you guys get to the point where you've got a website, shoot me a message and I will link to you from the Lincoln Lagers Blog & Link Database!

Congrats on your maiden voyage, so to speak!!

Apparently I need to learn to read a calendar--that Tuesday is the 12th, not the 11th. Thus, it's two days after the USMC b-day; I'll be functioning.

Chriso, once we're going on the internet front, I'll definitely let you know where we "are".

I'm planning on starting a "marketing blitz" in the next few months, covering some of the more northerly areas of Omaha, so, there's that.

--Travis

Apparently I need to learn to read a calendar--that Tuesday is the 12th, not the 11th. Thus, it's two days after the USMC b-day; I'll be functioning.

Chriso, once we're going on the internet front, I'll definitely let you know where we "are".

I'm planning on starting a "marketing blitz" in the next few months, covering some of the more northerly areas of Omaha, so, there's that.

--Travis

Let me know if you need any help with anything Travis.

Back