Lager/Pilsner Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone out there help me with a 5 gallon recipe for a lager or pilsner type beer using dried malt extract. :p

.5 lb pils malt
.5 lb carapils malt
.5 lb Crystal 20L

6 lbs light malt extract

3.0 oz saaz hops (boil)
1.5 oz Hallertau hops (aroma)

lager yeast strain

steep the grains in 2.5 gallons of 150 F water for 45 minutes to an hour, do not boil...

add malt extract

bring to a boil for one hour with bittering hops...

last five to ten minutes add aroma hops... turn off heat and let sit for 1/2 hour then cool to 50f....

add 2.5-3.0 (or enough to equal 5 gallons) gallons h2o to your fermentor, might wanna boil it and let cool, and put it in fermentor with airlock over night...

pitch lager yeast

ferment at 50 F for two weeks

secondary for 1-2 month at 45 or below

prime and enjoy in a month

t1master said:
.5 lb pils malt
.5 lb carapils malt
.5 lb Crystal 20L

6 lbs light malt extract

3.0 oz saaz hops (boil)
1.5 oz Hallertau hops (aroma)

lager yeast strain

steep the grains in 2.5 gallons of 150 F water for 45 minutes to an hour, do not boil...

add malt extract

bring to a boil for one hour with bittering hops...

last five to ten minutes add aroma hops... turn off heat and let sit for 1/2 hour then cool to 50f....

add 2.5-3.0 (or enough to equal 5 gallons) gallons h2o to your fermentor, might wanna boil it and let cool, and put it in fermentor with airlock over night...

pitch lager yeast

ferment at 50 F for two weeks

secondary for 1-2 month at 45 or below

prime and enjoy in a month

Thanks very much for that, this will be my first brew not using a kit, so it's going to be interesting. Will let you know how I get on.

Back