Adding fruit juice to the primary bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deek3000

Reaction score
Last week I brewed up an American Wheat with the intent of making it into a blueberry wheat. I am returning to AG brewing after a two year break and I used to secondary everything but on this go around I have decided to stay in the bucket and have had great success with the exception of the big belgians I no longer use my carboys for secondaries. So with this new found way I decided I was going to just add the Knudsen pure blueberry to the bucket but since this beer is made for the SWMBO and others for my 40th next month(I have a zombie dust recipe kegged and lock for the select few in my VIP room aka basement/laundry room:tank:) I added 64oz of juice and now it is touching the old dryed krausen. Is there any concern for off flavors here or just being paranoid it is barely touching but it is touching. Thank you for any input it is this forum that had a hand in getting me back to my passion.

i think you're saying you added some kind of blueberry juice and got a new krausen? if this is the case it's ok. sometime i dump the wort onto part of a yeast cake and the new krausen ring is twice as think, no issues at all.

you increased the volume in the bucket and are touching the old krausen line? that's just dried yeast and sum beak material!! dont see it being a problem with off flavors and you're gonna have a second ferment anyways that will form a small krausen.. I always give my buckets a swirl after the krausen starts to fall to get that line gone after primary so it can fall out with everything else :mug:

Thanks Edmanster that puts my mind at ease and what i figured. Always so darn paranoid about ruining batches. I have done enough by now some better then others and some off a bit but they have always been drinkable should quit worrying so much.:mug:

Back