Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These and furniture feet that are hollow. Got some of the brass inserts for wood tap handles (McMaster part number #90016A031) and some color changing LEDs, wired it up and set the insert inside with a set screw. I was going for the lighting effect that I have not seen before.

Since people are posting pictures of their kegerators and keezers I figure this would be the place to ask this question. I want to build a dual tap kegerator or keezer using either a 4.4 CF fridge or a 5.0 CF freezer. Can someone give me any specific makes and models that would help me accomplish this? I have though about buying a fridge from websites that sell kegerators but they want $350-$400 bucks for the fridge and that seems steep.

Here is my 13.7 upright freezer. Will add two more taps to it soon.

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Strawberry Blonde

IMG_1447.jpg

Bavarian Hefeweizen

IMG_1446.jpg

image-1173836842.jpg

Here is the start of my build. 7 cu foot kenmore freezer. Going to start with 2 taps. Building the collar this week!

For those of you who have done a Sanyo mini fridge conversion and mounted a tower in front of the coolant line on the top of the fridge, is there any reason I can't drill the hole behind that line? Anyone done this? I'd like my homemade tower to be set back and not in the middle of the top of the fridge.

Thanks for any help....

These and furniture feet that are hollow. Got some of the brass inserts for wood tap handles (McMaster part number #90016A031) and some color changing LEDs, wired it up and set the insert inside with a set screw. I was going for the lighting effect that I have not seen before.

Dave, I did not realize this was you. Nice work on the keezer, it is better than I expected. Go East Side Brewers!

Here's mine purchased not one month ago from a sweet old couple moving to a retirement community. They only wanted $25 for it, too! The woman I bought it from said, "take good care of it. You're getting a real good friend."

Gonna eventually fix it up, but I might still keep the Schlitz tap that came with it!

DSCN2001.jpg

Here's my 1950's GE Kegerator rebuild. Found the refrigerator for $75 on craigslist. Tore it down completely, repainted, re-insulated, and replaced the thermostat with an ardiuno/relay/webserver combo. It's a constant work in progress.

My old beer fridge took a crap so I took our small drop in freezer and converted it, nothing fancy but it works only thing I want to add is a temp gauge in the front

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

Hey everyone, I was checking out everyone's keezer pics and I wanna convert one of mine now!

I was wondering what everyone is using for temp control? I have two of these johnson controls - temp controllers.

21m4rDi75PL.jpg

thats the one i'm using and seems to be working fine, have it set to 40* and has about a 3* window it will go up to 43* and kick back on

Nice name for your brewery SSDD: Heavy Seas!! - Awesome. I've been tossing around a few ideas for the name of my home brewery! can't give any of them away though till i pick one :p

Nice name for your brewery SSDD: Heavy Seas!! - Awesome. I've been tossing around a few ideas for the name of my home brewery! can't give any of them away though till i pick one :p

Heavy Seas is a commercial brewery out of Baltimore, MD. I am guessing he works there or is just a big fan...they do have some tasty brews!

I can't take credit for it, but I do think it is a great name. Kingmatt is correct. I had just stopped by there for a tour and grabbed some swag for the people that couldn't make it. I am definitely a fan of their beers and it's always nice to support the local guys. Good luck with choosing the perfect name for yours though!

Heavy Seas is a commercial brewery out of Baltimore, MD. I am guessing he works there or is just a big fan...they do have some tasty brews!

:mug:

Here is my tap :)

499DSCF9262_resize.jpg

847DSCF9263_resize.jpg

643DSCF9264_resize.jpg

650DSCF9265_resize.jpg

The cabinet was build by myself, the dripblade is custom made for me.
I can connect 5 liter party kegs or bal-lock Corny kegs.

When the tap is open, beer flows through the drycooler, giving my instant cold beer, even when the keg is on room temperature.

I bought the drycooler from something like your craglist. I paid 175 euro.
It has 2 intakes and 2 outtakes.
When the machine is off and in room temp, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes to cool down to the right temp. After that the compressor only starts cooling of the inner part of the cooler gets above a certain temp.

A few days ago I was cleaning the beerlines while the cooler was off. I put hot tapwater in my keg (approx 55 celcius) and ran it through the cooler. It took 1,5 liter to notice the water was slghty getting warmer, before that it was still beer temps :)

The faucets (and tower) are typical normal taps seen in most bars here.

Back