You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you're a homebrewer when, while playing the annual Autumn game, "How cold can I let it get before I start a fire in the woodstove?", you end up caving in, not because your wife is complaining, but because you're concerned that yeast in the cider fermenting in the corner will stall out from getting to cold.

You live in Wisconsin and it's October and you type "Green Bay" into the Google search bar and the first autocomplete suggestion is Green Bay Rackers Mash Calculators rather than the Packers.

You live in Wisconsin and it's October and you type "Green Bay" into the Google search bar and the first autocomplete suggestion is Green Bay Rackers Mash Calculators rather than the Packers.

That means you're doing it right.

You know you're a homebrewer when any bit of stainless steel you come across from ice machine scoops to tables can be used somehow within the process...

You know you're a homebrewer when... your main coffee table book, "100 Places To See Before You Die", has mysteriously morphed into, "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing".

Or are those Sweetwater IPAs? I already see SW's 420 labels in there...

:D

Mostly stone, Sam, and sweet water with some new Belgium and lazy Magnolia thrown in for good measure.

Bottled a coffee black ale tonight that my neighbor roasted the coffee. Sample tasted like a straight up expresso shot.

Mostly stone, Sam, and sweet water with some new Belgium and lazy Magnolia thrown in for good measure.

Bottled a coffee black ale tonight that my neighbor roasted the coffee. Sample tasted like a straight up expresso shot.

My son took me to a sweatwater brewery "tour" night, which is what got me started in craft beers and eventually HB'ing. Love my son and SW IPA... ;)

My son took me to a sweatwater brewery "tour" night, which is what got me started in craft beers and eventually HB'ing. Love my son and SW IPA... ;)

You know you're a home brewer when you truly appreciate the blood, sweatwater, and tears that go into the making of craft beer. :D

When you get those little cups in a restaurant that hold salsa or ranch dressing or some condiment .. and you realize they will hold an ounce or so of pellet hops .. and you know they won't be recycled .. so you keep them and clean them .. and you end up with 20 of them in your brew day box. Now when will I write that recipe with 20 hops additions?

When you get those little cups in a restaurant that hold salsa or ranch dressing or some condiment .. and you realize they will hold an ounce or so of pellet hops .. and you know they won't be recycled .. so you keep them and clean them .. and you end up with 20 of them in your brew day box. Now when will I write that recipe with 20 hops additions?

Yoopers Dogfish Head 60 Minute Clone

& you will still need more cups

You know you're a homebrewer when... your main coffee table book, "100 Places To See Before You Die", has mysteriously morphed into, "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing".

Mine became "Goodnight Brew"

When you spend 30 minutes in Total Wine & More holding your phone light up to the bottom of bottles to see how much yeast there is in the bottle for possible harvesting.

Watch out. Total Wine (at least the one near me) likes to pre-age some/much of their beer for you. At least they do not charge extra for the service.

You know you are a homebrewer when you read this and the confession thread to feel better about yourself, then find new ideas reading other peoples confessions.

Mine became "Goodnight Brew"

Watch out. Total Wine (at least the one near me) likes to pre-age some/much of their beer for you. At least they do not charge extra for the service.

You know you are a homebrewer when you read this and the confession thread to feel better about yourself, then find new ideas reading other peoples confessions.

Yes I have found many a bottle well over a year old there. I said something to the manager about the Stone Enjoy By IPA being out over a month past its "enjoy by" date and he told me that aging the beer helped improve its flavor....

Yes I have found many a bottle well over a year old there. I said something to the manager about the Stone Enjoy By IPA being out over a month past its "enjoy by" date and he told me that aging the beer helped improve its flavor....

Supposedly, Stone will pull any bottles left on the shelf if you report a store selling it past the Enjoy By date. Not sure it's worth being a narc over though.

Supposedly, Stone will pull any bottles left on the shelf if you report a store selling it past the Enjoy By date. Not sure it's worth being a narc over though.

I eventually did say something after I saw multiple bottles that were over a year old. The manager didn't do anything about it when I mentioned it to him, and I would hate for someone who has heard of Stone's brews to grab one and think it was awful just because it was oxidized to within an inch of its life. Plus Stone told me I would get good beer karma... so I've got that going for me.

Nah, I don't relish the thought of one large cock in my beer. But the mumme' recipe I'm putting together is like the gruit from hell. Lots of odd subs I had to deal with to order the stuff this weekend.

You know you are a homebrewer when you have convinced swmbo (despite her medical background) that the reason you always "smell like beer" is because you are now secreting hop oils from your skin

mmm. is that the new Calvin Klein?
No baby, thats Equinox

Yeah and i sweat out glitter from my face right after coming back home from the (strip) club with friends.

Back