The Official 2011 Masstoberfest Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to ask anyone who has one of those 10 x 10 pop up canopies to bring it along. You can't have enough of those. We've got plenty of plastic chairs but if you have a folding chair you might want to bring that also

I woke up with deep fried turkey on my mind . (Do you think this f'ing diet of lettuce and a half a chicken breast is starting to get to me?) Anyone else interested?

Breastpump, baby! It ain't just for fetish videos. The good Lord gave us the breastpump so new mommas could get tipsy while still giving their wee ones booze-free milk.
She definitely does the 'pump and dump', but on September 17th she will be 7.5 months pregnant :eek: Next year perhaps.

You realize that as soon as AZ hears a Massachusetts accent his head may explode, right?
Oh man, I didn't even think of the accent. Surrounded by it for a couple days :cross:

Not that there was ever any doubt (unlike for some of the people who occassionally appear in these discussions), but I've received the go-ahead to crash Saturday night. I think I'll do the Hippie thing, drink myself into a stupor and pass out in a corner.

How many people can we expect? I'm very interested in seeing other people's brew rigs/methods. I am BIAB so all these extra vessels are interesting. I am considering to brew or not, we have a group brew for my birthday a couple weeks later. With the food/people/beer, I'm not sure I'll have the focus. ;)

Hey Paul, I'll bring my canopy. I'll also bring some chocolate and hot pepper Brownies.::D Lettuce and soy???? I''m not eating till that day....

What was there last year, Paulie? Something north of 50, something south of 100? Probably six or eight brewing, IIRC. Bring your stuff, it's fun.

I'm psyched. Trying to get more of my Homebrew Club to show. Some are wussing out because they are coming to my Birthday brew a couple weeks later and don't want to push it with their SOs. I'll cancel my bash if that helps dammit! Kaiser was mentioned somewhere, is that THE Braukaiser? And is Dakotarules the one on WEEI?

I'm psyched. Trying to get more of my Homebrew Club to show. Some are wussing out because they are coming to my Birthday brew a couple weeks later and don't want to push it with their SOs. I'll cancel my bash if that helps dammit! Kaiser was mentioned somewhere, is that THE Braukaiser? And is Dakotarules the one on WEEI?

Who's on WEEI?

What was there last year, Paulie? Something north of 50, something south of 100? Probably six or eight brewing, IIRC. Bring your stuff, it's fun.

Jesus, I remember when it was just a couple of us...Man how it has grown.....I froze my ass off at the first one...That was a such a great day...I didn't know sh it about brewing then...Paul taught me a lot that day..It was my first all grain brew day..."Alice the great" filled me up on so much amazing Wine that day...Hungover much!!!!!!

At its peak, it was probably... I don't know, forty people? But people were coming and going, so I'm not sure the final tally. It was enough people where we raised what... $2,500 for Babalu? Something like that?

I don't know what weei is? I dont think I brewed last year but I plan on it this year. I think it may work out that I'll be there. We have a cruise that weekend but after capes debacle my wife said that I can go to Masstoberfest without her. She doesn't know what she's missing and thats better for me!

Does the potential epicness of AZ coming to Mass for this outweigh the costs?

Hell, I'm currently single, I have some disposable income, my boss loves me and wouldn't care if I take some time off, I've never been anywhere near bean town (and I was scheduled to be born around the time of a C's game back in '77).

Probably the only thing more epic would be to fly out the brewing gear and brew in Mass :D

Talk to me....

... uh, it doesn't even sound like you've got much of a decision. Come on out, dude! That would be excellent! The only pisser is that you're coming out to Boston and there's no Celtics games on the horizon, but **** it, come on out!

She's actually this Dakota:

220px-DakotaFanning08TIFF.jpg

Generally, they '86 anyone from this site who's underage, but they must have made an exception.

Well, sounds like Jester's going to try and make it down, but Red's probably going to have to work. So Paulie, I guess you'll still have the biggest tits at this party.

the_bird said:
Well, sounds like Jester's going to try and make it down, but Red's probably going to have to work. So Paulie, I guess you'll still have the biggest tits at this party.

Wow, I laughed so hard when I read that!

If jester does make it we can show him how to use his camera! Hopefully he'll update his thread too.

Does the potential epicness of AZ coming to Mass for this outweigh the costs?

Hell, I'm currently single, I have some disposable income, my boss loves me and wouldn't care if I take some time off, I've never been anywhere near bean town (and I was scheduled to be born around the time of a C's game back in '77).

Probably the only thing more epic would be to fly out the brewing gear and brew in Mass :D

Talk to me....

Hey, this guy comes just for pizza:
http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/stoughton-46869-travels-mass.html

Shecky lurking in the thread indicates to me that he's a definite. Now we need to get him to bring his protoge' Gila

Has the 6'8" black dude (Cape) even posted in this thread. Wouldn't that be epic if AZ made this event and Cape didn't because he's still trying to modify his 900lb pig deep fryer and get his "40%" barley water to ferment? :D

P.S. I'll be gone for a couple days, so enjoy all the trash talk behind my back.... :p

Cape is in a medically induced coma at the moment.

I showed up at his house a couple days ago wearing florescent orange spandex bicycle togs, and my professional opinion is that he had a stroke. He was sort of foaming at the mouth within moments of me tiptoeing on my bike shoes into his backyard, and fell off his chair when I checked my GPS and realized that the 15 miles to his house was mostly all downhill which meant, of course,that the 15 miles home was all uphill. I felt sorta bad stepping over him on the ground after I helped myself to a couple bottles of water but I passed his wife driving home on the street and told her that he was acting kinda funny.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be fine by the time the party rolls arounid. If he doesn't come it's not that big a deal. You may not have heard but his beer (like his BBQ'ed pork) really sucks.

PTN

Back