Dry yeast -Used 2 liter starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank99

Reaction score
I made a pale ale @ 1.050 OG, and decided to make a 2 liter starter with the SafeAle 05 dry yeast packet. I did this knowing full well it's against conventional wisdom just to see what the effects are myself. (Yeah, when I go to Chevy's and get the fajitas they tell me not to touch the hot plate and the first thing I do is touch that darned plate.) In any event, what ill effects can I anticipate from this ? Anyone else out there do this with good results?

(Yeah, when I go to Chevy's and get the fajitas they tell me not to touch the hot plate and the first thing I do is touch that darned plate.) In any event, what ill effects can I anticipate from this ?
You might burn your finger. But the beer will be fine.

It changes the way the ferment goes (growth cycles, etc), will it matter? Let us know - I don't think you will have any issues, but it defeats the point of using dry yeast.

Don't stick your hand in el machino either!

Back