Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled a butt off the smoker for potluck tomorrow. Took 11 hrs.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395549446.534860.jpg

Also smoked butt "ribs" for dinner. Really great!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395549489.020315.jpg

Half of it. My wife doesn't like it with sauce but my kids do. If I make sauce, it's vinegary. I love that. But, due to being busy, I'll probably end up using sauce from the cabinet, not sure what's in there now. We'll see how the day progresses.

i'm not a fan of it with sweet sauce either. I like the vinegar sauce... super easy and oh so tasty. little turbinado sugar, vinegar, hot peppers, and a small squeeze of tomato paste.

I need to refinish my smoker after a small "it caught fire" style incident due to me forgetting to remove the drip pan last time I used it. PassedPawn, your pics make me want to call in sick tomorrow and do just that!

Did some Beef Short Ribs.

Found some nice meaty bones.

shortribs1_zps0d6129dc.jpg

Brushed with EVOO and then some Montreal seasoning and into the fridge for about 24 hours.

shortribs2_zpse836b3cd.jpg

Then into the Mini WSM...about 250º.

shortribs3_zps8eacd62b.jpg

After about 4 hours.

shortribs4_zps3e72b027.jpg

Into a foil pan, covered and braised for about two hours in Irish Ale.

shortribs5_zps19357407.jpg

Some crash hot taters and grilled zucchini with EVOO, S&P, topped with parmesan cheese. Did these on the Weber Geni B.

shortribs6_zps3bde11bb.jpg

Your plate.

shortribs7_zps4c11d9b2.jpg

Enjoy!

shortribs8_zps678ffa47.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Smoking a few salmon fillets for the wife and I. I would have like to have brined them but they will be great nonetheless.

Those short ribs look phenomenal Nivek. I have tried the short ribs but by the time they were done I rendered so much fat that there was next to nothing left to eat. It was a poor choice of meat on my part.

Brushed with EVOO and then some Montreal seasoning and into the fridge for about 24 hours.

After about 4 hours.

Some crash hot taters and grilled zucchini with EVOO, S&P, topped with parmesan cheese. Did these on the Weber Geni B.

Your plate.

Enjoy!

Thanks for lookin'

I've never made short ribs.. that looks amazin'!! Going to have to try that. Did you buy from a butcher or supermarket?

Smoked a Ham yesterday. I couldnt fire up the smoker without ABTs. No pictures as the 7 hungry vultures (friends and myself) killed it right when it was taken off the smoker.

I'm going to have to do some beef short ribs soon.

The damn auger tube on my traeger is clogged with wet, expanding wood pellets and there's only one guy around here who can fix it. I'm out a smoker for a couple weeks!

I'm going to have to do some beef short ribs soon.

The damn auger tube on my traeger is clogged with wet, expanding wood pellets and there's only one guy around here who can fix it. I'm out a smoker for a couple weeks!

its super easy to pull.

remove your controller and unplug the harness. empty the hopper. remove the hopper (4 screws i think). pull the motor - i think this is just 2 screws and a pin. bam - the auger is free to pull out.

I will have 4-6 butts in the smoker, along with baked beans, friday night. I'll try to remember to snap some picks.

its super easy to pull.

remove your controller and unplug the harness. empty the hopper. remove the hopper (4 screws i think). pull the motor - i think this is just 2 screws and a pin. bam - the auger is free to pull out.

I need to also separate the auger from the tube. He's only charging $50 so he can deal with it. My time is worth way more than that.

^7 thousand posts on HBT... Lol ;)

He's only charging $50 b/c he's just gonna replace a small cotter pin. 5 minute job. It will take you longer to run the grill to the shop and back

^7 thousand posts on HBT... Lol ;)

He's only charging $50 b/c he's just gonna replace a small cotter pin. 5 minute job. It will take you longer to run the grill to the shop and back

You seriously think you can pull the auger tube in five minutes?

Edit: just saw it on YouTube. Super easy. Thanks!!

You seriously think you can pull the auger tube in five minutes?

Edit: just saw it on YouTube. Super easy. Thanks!!

Solid! Only give'n ya a had time b/c I replaced nearly every part on my old traeger. None of the jobs were difficult at all and I have zero mechanical aptitude.

BTW - traeger customer service is open 7 days a week and will more than likely ship you replacement parts on the house. Their customer service is top shelf.

After about 4 hours.

Your plate.

Enjoy!

Thanks for lookin'

Awesome

Man! I am. Along with others of course. I've got two perfecto pork shoulders, marinated and all that, just yearning to be put in the smoker. I almost have an orgasm thinking about how great they will be, that's a real treat for a 74 yr old. Really, though, My family and friends love pork shoulder. so we will be enjoying the weekend with BBQ. Cheers!

Ordered the adjustable spider rig combo for my vision from ceramic grill store. Should be here tomorrow. So I will definitely be smoking a butt this weekend, and probably a pizza too!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Solid! Only give'n ya a had time b/c I replaced nearly every part on my old traeger. None of the jobs were difficult at all and I have zero mechanical aptitude.

BTW - traeger customer service is open 7 days a week and will more than likely ship you replacement parts on the house. Their customer service is top shelf.

Good thing because the pin is broken and the auger is so jammed that it won't budge. I still have to take it in to the dude because he has rig that will unclog it without bending anything.

Man! I am. Along with others of course. I've got two perfecto pork shoulders, marinated and all that, just yearning to be put in the smoker. I almost have an orgasm thinking about how great they will be, that's a real treat for a 74 yr old. Really, though, My family and friends love pork shoulder. so we will be enjoying the weekend with BBQ. Cheers!

You old fart, keep your O away from the pork. Your family and friends will appreciate that.

Good thing because the pin is broken and the auger is so jammed that it won't budge. I still have to take it in to the dude because he has rig that will unclog it without bending anything.

dang - i had a feeling that pin snapped. too bad the auger is jammed up so tight. i had the bushing on mine melt to the auger one night when the pellets burned back through the feeder tube. i'm just happy it didn't start a larger fire.

i sold my traeger a few months ago for a Memphis and have been very happy with the new unit - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f172/my-new-memphis-select-pellet-grill-431399/

Prepping a little 4 pounder for the firehouse. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396622076.727845.jpg

Probably do another one tomorrow at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Starting up a pork shoulder this evening along with whatever the roomate wants smoked up for tomorrow afternoon. Also going to throw together a fatty or some ABT's to take up the remaining smoker space because, why not? May have to prep some chickens tomorrow for smoking on Sunday.

Threw a butt on the smoker at 6 yesterday evening. Just pulled it off and shredded it. Didn't get a meteor pic as it fell apart as soon as I tried to lift it off the grate. She is my best one yet. Here is a pic of it all shredded and sitting in the crock pot to keep it warm for the guests.

1396721042095.jpg

Back