What do you guys (and gals) think of this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesefood said:
Sorry I didn't get back to this - been sick.

OK, I like the first one, but the shield is confusing. I like the oar's (since they're closer to an ORR).

Instead of the shield, take the Secondary graphic and make it a one-color and place it behind the primary. I think this makes more sense than a shield, which just adds one more graphical element that the viewer must try to interpret. Just my $.02. This looks crappy because the background was artificially manipulated. He can do it much better since he has the original art.

orr.jpg

Cheese, that rocks, I'm gonna propose that to him. Much appreciated.

Cheesefood said:

OK, I like the first one, but the shield is confusing. I like the oar's (since they're closer to an ORR).

Instead of the shield, take the Secondary graphic and make it a one-color and place it behind the primary. I think this makes more sense than a shield, which just adds one more graphical element that the viewer must try to interpret. Just my $.02. This looks crappy because the background was artificially manipulated. He can do it much better since he has the original art.

orr.jpg

Cheese, can you repost that?

Cheesefood said:

orr.jpg

Cheese, can you repost that? :D

Well, hopefully the final logo will be done this week. No major changes, it will be exactly like the first one I posted, but with the oars in the background. I like the double pun and I like the look of that one.

I also wanted to announce that once I get the logo, my Father-in-law is going to take it to his work (steel-work) and have it laser cut on a piece of steel. I'm hanging that on my brewstand! Hell yeah!

With the oars behind the primary logo, I'd remove the secondary logo from the top of the primary. Place the secondary on a small circular sticker to place on the caps. Possibly trimming to the outline of the logo, unless you happen to find a place that will make custom printed caps (let me know if you do).

I'd leave the lettering and the sheild like the first one, remove the secondary, put the oars in the background and use the bannner for the beer lable. Secondary for the caps, or if you put a writeup of the style or your brewery on the bottles or box, use that.
Or even better use the secondary on a neck lable, with a write up about your brewery on that lable, or the beer style/inspiration for the recipe on the neck lable.

the_bird said:
Dude, I think you got it right. Looks awesome. So you going to start selling pint glasses with the logo when you get them made up?

You gonna buy some? :D

I think I am actually going to bite the bullet and get a big quantity done, and I'll give them away to friends and stuff. T-shirts too, but I might have to recoup some money back for those. ;)

Sure, I'll help you subsidize a bigger purchase. I'll give you cost + shipping for three or four. Start a collection of my buddies' pint glasses; need to get John Beere to start selling some with his logo, too.

the_bird said:
Sure, I'll help you subsidize a bigger purchase. I'll give you cost + shipping for three or four. Start a collection of my buddies' pint glasses; need to get John Beere to start selling some with his logo, too.

Yeah, the Deep Six logo is probably one of the best I've ever seen. That is so awesome. I'd definitley buy some of those!

I know it took a lot longer than you had planned but the wait was definitely worth it. That looks great.

the_bird said:
Dude, I think you got it right. Looks awesome. So you going to start selling pint glasses with the logo when you get them made up?

I like what you said about it at the very beginning of the design process--about it looking like "hockey" sticks.....I like that.... :D It does kind of have that feel to it.

Dude said:
I like what you said about it at the very beginning of the design process--about it looking like "hockey" sticks.....I like that.... :D It does kind of have that feel to it.

The fact that it's "Orr" doesn't hurt, either. I'm not a hockey fan, but even *I* recognize the significance of that name :D

And if you could find a place that would print that on a hockey jersey - that would absolutely friggin' rock. :rockin:

the_bird said:
And if you could find a place that would print that on a hockey jersey - that would absolutely friggin' rock. :rockin:

The team name could be (or the brewpub for that matter) The Iron Orr Blast Furnace.

"See you hon', just going down to the 'Furnace for a pint or two..."

Back