Saranac Pricing Email

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zonabb

Reaction score
I got an email today from Saranac about price increases in their brews. The emial stated that grain will be up 100% this year, largely due to poor crops, decreased acreage actually farmed and the increase in farming of corn for ethanol.

Man, I've been brewing for a year and it's been nothing but bad news and major prices increases! Between the grains and hops, beer is going to be outrageous expensive to buy and now seemingly to brew.

Yeah, but it wont be long before commercial brews have to increase thier prices as well. Even though they are less impacted by the market, they are still impacted.

It will get bad across the board, besides most hobbies are expensive.

I work at a Rogue brewpub over here in Oregon and all our draft beer is up 50 cents a pint, 22oz bottles up 50-75 cents, and 6 packs are up almost a dollar. Fortunately, Rogue has garage sales every two months where everything is wicked cheap. 6 growlers of American Amber for $24; a case of Santa's Private Reserve for $14.

svudah said:
I work at a Rogue brewpub over here in Oregon and all our draft beer is up 50 cents a pint, 22oz bottles up 50-75 cents, and 6 packs are up almost a dollar. Fortunately, Rogue has garage sales every two months where everything is wicked cheap. 6 growlers of American Amber for $24; a case of Santa's Private Reserve for $14.

Isn't there a garage sale coming up soon?

Back