Rfd Happy Hour~

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We talked about meeting for happy hour at brew day, figured id post something in case anyone else too civilized to be MD brew day wanted to show up!

RFD is owned by the people who own Briksellers.... 20 some beers on tap, a couple hundred in the fridge.

Chinatown, across from Verizon :)

Count me in. I'll be drunk before the rest of you are off work though. I leave no later than 3pm and only work 10 minutes from the place.

Thursday's suck for me too.

Well I get off work at 5. With rush hour traffic I should make it down there around 8, maybe a little later! That will give me time to have a shot then turn around and drive back home :D

Bump.

HWMO is out of town next week, so that's a prime time for me to go out!
Wednesday, anyone?

ok, that works for me, yunus is off on a mission to buy me 100's of pounds of honey, but im sure hell check in soon :)

Operation Mega Mead Supply has been successfully completed. I was able to take 600lbs of honey and received only minimal injuries from Bee stings.

Also Wednesday of next week sounds good to me, besdies the 3 of us who else will be joining?

I can probably make it over to RFD next wednesday if ya'll are willing to expand to non-MD brewers.

And if you were, you could drop a line to the DC Homebrewing club and you might find a few more takers. :mug:

I believe im a member there... and was gonna go to the meeting tonight... but my car got condemned :(

but all are welcome!

Bump!

Any other DC metro commuters, come on! :mug: Happy hour at RFD on Wednesday, March 25 at ~3:45 or 4 pm (minus Yunus, who will already be in his cups by then).

Damn, I had to miss it at the last minute. I hope ya'll tore up RFD and left "HBT" tagged on the bar.

let me know. Most any day but Thursday's are fine by me. Although Friday's suck to because of the drive home afterwards.

Just so you 2 know. The nice people of DC moved my car for me about half a block away. They charged me $100 to do this. I'll fight it cause I'm sure they violated at least one of their many many rules they need to follow to tow vehicles and it will probably cost me $200 in time off to fight it but F it, I'd rather lose money than give it to the city of DC for moving my car half a block.

Suck ass, man. Fight 'em! I'm sorry your car got towed, but I can't wait to hear what technicality you get them on. :D

The parking rules for DC are so arcane, a freakin' DRUID couldn't keep track of the dates and times for legal parking!

I have 2 theories so far. First is that searching District of Columbia: Department of Motor Vehicles - Municipal Regulations the best regulation I can find that provides where the director of parking can place signs and such shows no authority to place a sign on that street. I need to do more research though to see if another regulation states that no parking from X to X signs are authorized on high volume streets during rush hours Second, they are permitted to remove a vehicle in violation and place it on another street that is not in violation. However where they placed my car was also in violation since there was 0 time on the meter when they placed it there and they placed it to close to a loading dock driveway, their regulations state like 5 feet and my car was directly in front of it.

More research is required though :)

Back