• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Custom made 50' immersion wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy13

Reaction score
Well, pretty she is not, but it gets the job done. If you're looking to get your first wort chiller or upgrade to a 50', here's your chance to do it cheap. The copper value alone is worth it. It was made by wrapping the copper around a corny keg, and it's ugly as hell, but it works, and you won't find a 50' cheaper. Hooks right into your garden hose and gets the job done. Hell you can have the TV pictured too if you want it :) Looking for $60.

Available for local pickup in Carlisle PA or surrounding areas.

chiller.jpg

sorry I didn't see your post until today! Looking for $60.

Its about 17" tall and less than 12" wide. Easily fits in am 8 gallon kettle.

Sent from my MB886 using Home Brew mobile app

Here it is in my 8 gallon kettle

Sent from my MB886 using Home Brew mobile app

1387517311594.jpg

Anyone interested in this? Had an offer of $25 and couldn't go that low. Anyone got $40 for it?

Yes I do. I am not sure what diameter off the top of my head but I can find out if you really need me to. Just curious why you want to know exactly? It's pretty much the same diameter as the other 2 wort chillers we've owned, so I'd say it's whatever the standard seems to be, just not sure right off the top of my head. I'll be at the brewery later today and can try and figure it out for you.

I live in the other end of the country, or I'd grab that just 'cuz, and figure out what I'm going to do with it later.

Awe come on man, don't you think it's worth the drive clear across the continental US?

Who made that birds nest, I've been making these custom sparge arms in my shop and they are the best thing out thereImageUploadedByHome Brew1391272157.499778.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1391272208.533080.jpg

One of my friends decided to try to make it rather than purchasing one. He is inexperienced in it and quickly realized he should have just purchased one. We are fully aware it looks like a piece of crap, but still chills as they're supposed to. While it definitely is ugly, this is a chance to own a chiller for way cheaper than you can buy one for.

That sparge arm you made looks pretty nice. How do you adjust the height on it? You should start selling them...there are very few quality sparge arms on the market, in fact the only one I know of is from MoreBeer, and while awesome, is fairly pricey.

The side arm angle can be adjusted with set screws allowing a up or down movement and by raising or lowering the center of the coil the water flow can be directed more to the center or to the outside

I have only been making them for friends and myself but I would be happy to make another if you are interested. The design is really best suited for fly sparging, if that's what you do and you would like one let me know and I can do some number crunching on its value. I've never sold one so I would have to figure that part out. I'd also be happy to tell you how to make one if you'd like

I would have to put some thought in to the value of them but i would be happy to sell for a small profit. Cost of materials plus my time

geeze, I sure do. You can come to Carlisle and pick it up any time this week at my house. Or you could meet us at our brewery this Saturday, also in Carlisle, anytime between 11 AM and 5 PM. I also work in Lemoyne on Thursday at 5 PM, so I could meet you around 4 or 430 if that's a little closer and easier for you. Also work on Friday at 5:30 PM, so I could meet you Friday in Lemoyne between 4:30 and 5 PM. Lots of options for you, let me know what you'd like to do.

Back