New Bern Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugrad02

Reaction score
If you live in or are traveling to New Bern, NC, stop by the newly open New Bern homebrew. It is off 70 across from Beer Army in the same building that once occupied Homebrew Haus.

I'll definitely do that....I live 2 miles south of there and love the Beer Army! I saw the sign for this new HomeBrew Store, but didn't think it was open yet.

Does anyone know the business hours/days? I'm not finding anything solid online and I'd hate to drive the (almost) 30 minutes from Newport and see that they aren't open.

That aside, I'm stoked to see the place.

I think it's only M/W/F 4-8pm and like 10-8pm on Weekends. I went in there the other day. Their selection is a little slim at this point and the store felt really empty but I think they're still spinning up. The guys seemed pretty friendly though. I'll probably do business with them occasionally here and there. One thing the guy I talked to said was that they all work full time jobs elsewhere and this as a side job, and that is why their hours are so limited. He did say that if you had some kind of emergency and they weren't open, that you could call and they might be able to open up for you. So that's good, in case you screw something up and need a spare yeast or something last minute.

The guy seemed to know his stuff or, in my case, had a couple cheat-sheets behind the counter to help me pick out a suitable yeast for a custom recipe. That aside, the small selection was somewhat off-putting. Hoping he picks up business, because it feels like I'm more well equipped then they are.

Went in the other day to pick up a few things. The equipment side has really filled in. They have a decent selection of different malts, hops, and yeast. They are very willing to order whatever you need, thats one of the reasons that there isn't a TON of stuff on the shelves, they want to order and stock what their customers want/need. Their prices are pretty fair also. It's nice to go in and shoot the breeze with them.

Back