New: Budweiser Black Crown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revvy said:
Sounds like dirty lines or an infection because there's absolutely nothing like any of that in the normal flavor profile.

That makes sense. Still don't know that I'd try it again. I might if I'm at a friend's house and someone has a bottle to share. I can't imagine paying for it though.

I tried some black crown and had my wife try it without knowing it was Budweiser product. She was worried it was a beer I had made. Said it lacked in flavor. I personally felt like it was good but far too sweet. A little bit of hop bitterness for balance and I might have finished the bottle. As it was I poured it out and grabbed one of my mocha stouts. I certainly like the fact that if someone likes this beer then I can corrupt them into embracing "true" craft beer.

603Brew said:
Guiness Black Lager is absolutely terrible. Rumor has it they are going to discontinue it due to lack of sales. It is the most watered down garbage of a black lager you can find. Save yourself the aggravation and buy what they do best, stouts.

I agree. I picked up 2 as part of a mixed six pack. I wasn't impressed. I expected some flavor in something with Guiness on the label. Gave the second to someone who drinks light lagers and he loved it. I'll stick with the original and foreign extra stout.

I love trying new beers. Saw this from AB and passed, particularly since it was released in my area right before the superbowl (gimmick). InBev doesn't need my money anyway.

Bought a sixer for 5.99 today .... three drinks into my first glass I am really enjoying it ... if I brewed this my only adjustment on the next batch would be a little more bittering hops .... this beer would pair nicely with a burger and fries ... that's so budweiser I guess ..... anyway, big improvement from the original bud imo ... cheers all :)

damn it all. i didn't notice the overly sweetness till i read this. now i can hardly finish it. at the wal-mart near my house it was already in the discounted section, cheaper than regular bud.

I don't try any BMC beers anymore. If I end up somewhere that only sells mainstream stuff I'll get a Shiner Bock (it's my duty as a Texan) even though its just American light lager with dye basically. But I'd rather my money go there than anywhere else. As far as I am concerned BMC's ultimate wet dream would be to merge together and become the sole supplier of American beer. Obviously not gonna happen but they do well enough without my money. I want to support local and or smaller breweries whenever I can. I'm sure that BMC have a few beers that I would actually enjoy. I just choose to spend my money where I think it counts.
Also I know that shiner is a pretty big brewery and not all that different from the big boys I'm only saying that is always available and my next best choice when nothing ELSE is available.

Back