APA on a tight timeframe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs3902

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I put my APA in a fermenter on Sunday June 24th, and I need it ready for a party on July 28th. My question is : when should I bottle?

I usually do the 1.2.3 week timeframe, but I'm skipping the secondary this time around and there's no time for that anyway. Should I give it a solid 3 weeks in the bottle or should I do 2 weeks in the fermentor and 2 in the bottle...
Thanks!

I'd roll 2.5 weeks Primary, then Bottle. that puts 2.5 weeks in the bottles. Should be carbonated. Key though is ensure it is finished before you bottle. I'd bottle July 10 or 11.

Once it's done with primary fermentation, there's no reason to not bottle - it'll age the same both ways. Most people here will recommend 3 weeks in the bottle which seems to be ridiculously overkill to me (I find my bottles have usually carbed after 5-7 days), but as long as you're sure you've hit FG you should just bottle.

My bottles never wanted to carb that fast, but I'd say just work backwards - figure out how long your bottles normally take to carb, add a few days buffer, and leave the rest of the time for primary (no secondary)

Back