Is there an advanced search?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynachrome

Reaction score
I wanted to search the phrase "just beer". I am thinking of doing a couple buckets of beer for the masses.

I know of a couple touted on this site: Ed Wort's Haus Ale & Skeeter Pee.

The search turned up what appears to be the phrase "just beer" in someone's signature. Pages of it.

I thought maybe there was a way to search by just thread title or omit the catchy phrases from the search.

Any help would be appreciated.

(I'll take suggestions for recipies/threads also)

Thanks,
Bill

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.homebrewtalk.com+recipe+%22just+beer%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a[/ame]

I think you have to be a premium member on this site to do advanced search through the site. Most forums I am on encourage members to use search before posting, but HBT seems to prefer people repost consistently. Not a gripe, just observation.

As carrolte points out, you can use google, but it seems the advanced search can do things like sort by username and such. My google-fu is lacking, so I don't know if you can do the same through google.

I have not had any luck using more than a single word in the advanced search on this site. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

The advanced search sucks.. at least in my experience. The search function in the top right corner of the page, in the beer mug is fantastic! It's the only search I use.

The advanced search sucks.. at least in my experience. The search function in the top right corner of the page, in the beer mug is fantastic! It's the only search I use.

Would you believe I've never noticed that search area up there? It's kind of hidden. I have started using the Google option in the regular search and it works pretty good.

Back