Phoenix / Goodyear brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I JUST brewed my first batch. Glendale, live within walking distance of What Ales Ya

El Mirage. Got a 1 gallon kit for Christmas this year and have been hooked ever since.

Go to What Ale's ya a bunch. Been up to Hop's and Tannin's in Anthem once and that place, although small, seemed very cool.

I live in the Laveen area (baseline road and 75th ave). Any of you guys ever go to the meeting in the east valley? It really sucks that there isn't any local west valley club.

Welcome! I'm in Goodyear too! How long have you been brewing? I haven't made anything in a few months but I'm hoping to use my new brewstand before the end of the month.

Its been about nine months for me. I kinda have a habit of diving in head first into the deep end of the pool. Workin on a brew controller for an all electric brew station. Just finished a kegerator. In my bar and brewed a 2 heart ipa clone, vanilla porter and hard cider.

I'm in Avondale and beginning to design my all electric brewery. I'm worried that a lot of it will be way over my head! Would love to see what you've got going on.

Its been about nine months for me. I kinda have a habit of diving in head first into the deep end of the pool. Workin on a brew controller for an all electric brew station. Just finished a kegerator. In my bar and brewed a 2 heart ipa clone, vanilla porter and hard cider.

Looks good man. I been thinking about going electric but it would be hard for me to get 220 in my garage. I'm looking to al least get a element in my HLT then maybe try two 2000w 120v elements for the boil. 11 gal batches

Goodyear checking in! Just finished a Belgian Saison (interesting) and looking at another brew here for xmas.

Just finished installing the panel however ordering new copper coil for the herms. Set me back till mid nov. Lol doing a summer ale extract this weekend. Love to share some beer and ideas with some local people.

Goodyear checking in! Just finished a Belgian Saison (interesting) and looking at another brew here for xmas.

Nice! Saison is one of my favorite styles. I'm gonna be brewing a Saison once I get my brewstand working. Already got the ingredients, just need to get the control panel working. Hopefully will be brewing this week.

Nice! Saison is one of my favorite styles. I'm gonna be brewing a Saison once I get my brewstand working. Already got the ingredients, just need to get the control panel working. Hopefully will be brewing this week.

It turned out okay, I think mostly it wasn't what I was expecting from the recipe. I think some bottle conditioning will help mellow it out a bit, a little spicy for me.

The CFC you have is very similar to what I am looking at building. Question for you, if you brew in the summer how are you handling the summer tap water temps for cooling your wort?

It turned out okay, I think mostly it wasn't what I was expecting from the recipe. I think some bottle conditioning will help mellow it out a bit, a little spicy for me.

The CFC you have is very similar to what I am looking at building. Question for you, if you brew in the summer how are you handling the summer tap water temps for cooling your wort?

General answer on summer tap water is that most people will pre-chill the water before sending it through the chiller. A lot of people will use ice water and a pump to send it through the chiller rather than going directly from the hose.

I use a second coil of copper in a bucket of ice water. With a counter flow wort chiller.

I'm going to give this a shot with my immersion chiller. I was using the hose to get it down close to 100F or so, then using Ice water and a pump to get it down to pitching temps. I think it will go faster if I just prechill the hose water with a second immersion chiller in ice water

Sometimes ill stop the pump to the wort and let the ice water keep going in order to bring it back down if it gets to hot.

I circulate the wort thru the 40 plate chiller back to kettle while i run the hose water to bring it down to 100... then run ice water thru with a pump while i pump the wort into thru chiller into carboy. down to 70 degrees in 3 minutes for 10 gallons.

Arizona Society of Homebrewers is one of the largest homebrew clubs in the US and is over on the east side of the valley.

I'm up in the NW part of the valley and have been brewing for 5 years or so.

Hello from this newbie, also in Peoria. Just starting with 1 gallon brewing. I'm not a big beer drinker, so I am going to stay relatively small.

Back