'Cuz I'm a dumb-ass...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesefood said:
I bought 22oz bottles instead of 12 ozers. Anything different I need to be aware of if I use these?
I prefer the 22oz, but those who want to take a little home with them get the 12oz, Most of the time I get the 12oz back but not all the time.

I do too. Takes half the time to bottle and people are always overwhelmed
with the "Big Bottle". Makes a big beer taste bigger.

i like my 22oz and 24 oz bottles i usually bottle a case of 24 oz and a case of 12 oz of any given batch. the 12oz i give out as tasters to my friends - the 24s' i sip in peace and quiet on my front porch

Now I feel like less of a dumb-ass!

I've already promised a friend that I'd supply this beer for his moving-in party for the new house he bought. Everyone that's going to come will probably get a kick out of the 22's, since we all typically sit around and drink 40's.

You want to talk *******.....here I am. I used to brew a lot, but then I gave it up for whatever reason. I gave away all but one case of my 22 ounce bottles. Now I am back into brewing and it stinks not having all those 22's. I keg most of my beer, but it's nice to bottle a batch here and there....easy for portability and storage. I bottled some mead that I made and now I have NO bottles at all. ******* indeed :rolleyes: :D !

Gilbey

Cheesefood said:
I bought 22oz bottles instead of 12 ozers. Anything different I need to be aware of if I use these?

Minor point: As long as you add your priming sugar to the whole batch and not on a bottle-by-bottle basis you should be fine. A ******* who wishes to remain nameless forgot that little tidbit of info when doing a half-and-half keg/bottle batch and ended up with some rather flat beer.

Nameless

Back