3 Weeks and still bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed a winter warmer ale recipe from Northern Brewer on October 10th. Put a blow off tube on it and after 3 weeks I still hear it giving off a bubble ever minute or two..amazing.

i just did a belgian, its was bubbling for three weeks straight and ended at one bubble every 45 to 60 seconds when i transfered it to secondary. im gonna leave it in secondary for two weeks then drop in some bourbon oak cubes. ill bottle it two weeks after that. hopefully its good. what yeast did you use? i used high gravity belgian.

I've got a Belgian Dubbel in the basement that's been bubbling for two weeks straight. I checked SG yesterday and I'm still about 5 points high, so I gave it a gentle stir. About an hour after that, I had full blowoff (Again!). That's after nearly two weeks of vigorous fermentation. I used Wyeast 3787 (Trappist High Gravity).

I have a Scotch ale I brewed on 10/8/09 with White labs WLP028 and it is still bubbling but has slowed down, I was gettting concerned because usually it is done around 5 days. I got some info that maybe some wild yeast or an infection so it was suggested to taste it and you'll know, well I tasted it and it was still a little sweet but it tasted pretty darn good so I don't think there is an infection or wild yeast, I think it was just the yeast was a little slugish, I will take a gravity reading today and see how it is.

I have a Belgian Dark Strong that took about 2.5 weeks to slow down. I finally got impatient and threw it in the fridge to drop the yeast. I'm hoping to be more patient with the tripel I have going now for a week.

Mine turned out great btw..

I just brewed another batch about 2.5 weeks ago though and it fermented pretty strongly for 3-4 days it hasn't done **** since then..I tried swirling up the yeast a few time n nothing..I'll have to take a hydro reading..

Latest posts

Back