So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water on to heat. A variation of Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde: there's a slightly higher proportion of Vienna and I'm using Chinook and Amarillo rather than Centennial and Cascade.

Brewed 7 gallons of this yesterday. All Citra, Nottingham starter.

https://beerandwinejournal.com/15-minute-pale-ale/

I also had the distinct pleasure of sampling one of the worst tasting beers of all time while social distance chatting on a neighbors driveway. It was called Mexican Pale Ale. Supposedly flavored with lime and chiles. He got it in a mixed case of Mexican beers at Costco.

Got the hops last week. Going for a Pliny the Younger clone Sunday or Monday. Will be the biggest beer I’ve ever brewed.
5534AFB3-34D1-4F2F-AA08-1877E39FF4C4.jpeg

AHA Big Brew (virtual) this weekend! Hoping my wifi range extender reaches to the back deck. Not brewing the AHA recipe, which requires ridiculous hops and malts (and also because I am kegging a NEIPA tomorrow), but instead brewing a brown ale.

Anyone else doing this?
Ditto on not using AHA recipe, I'm doing a tripel. At this point in my life, I still hate IPA's.

There, I said it!

Last edited:
AHA Big Brew (virtual) this weekend! Hoping my wifi range extender reaches to the back deck. Not brewing the AHA recipe, which requires ridiculous hops and malts (and also because I am kegging a NEIPA tomorrow), but instead brewing a brown ale.

Anyone else doing this?

Yep I'm participating but brewing a saison since I already had almost all the ingredients on hand. That AHA recipe was a bit obnoxious given the circumstances.

Anyone else doing this?
Yeah I’m still learning. Going to use what I have. But I am doing it when the virtual thing starts

Have to work this weekend but I will be brewing Friday for the AHA big brew day. Probably be brewing something different also. Hope to have a few friends over and celebrate homebrewing while drinking a few homebrews.

Yurp, over 100° today, and supposed to stay that way at least thru the end of the week. I'll get everything ready Friday night, then start mashing at the crack of dawn.

Irish Stout starter on the stir plate for tomorrow's brewing. Drained my porter just as three light beers hit the keezer and I need something dark. Hoping to be able to pick up a beer gas tank to go with my recent nitrogen regulator find.

Started a WLP510 starter yesterday afternoon, will mill grains tonight, and start mashing at the crack of dawn tomorrow. We're already hitting summer temps in Tucson, so need to finish as early as possible.

Brewing an American porter for the Big Brew Day. The malt bill is from a Gordon Strong recipe, and the hops are based on Deschutes Black Butte.

Brewed a pale ale today. Had my scale on the wrong setting so my 60 min hop addition ended up 1.6oz instead of 1oz...oops

It’s almost the weekend! I brewed a Jalapeño Amber Ale today, inspired by Seatazzz.
Love my pepper beers!

Drink them FAST when they're done. My buddy that I brewed this for found a couple in his fridge this last weekend, and told me they were beyond HOT after sitting a few months, but still tasty (to him, I hate them). I still have a few myself, and the husband (who also likes hot beers) won't touch them after what our friend said.

A sorta grodziskie: 2.2 gallons at 1.036. 1.5 lbs. Bavarian wheat dme, 1 lb. oak smoked wheat malt, 4 ozs. red wheat malt, .25 oz. saaz at 3.2%, K-97.
IMG_20200501_133002.jpg
IMG_20200501_131250.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_131250.jpg
    IMG_20200501_131250.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 2
Going to brew up a Belgian Orange Coriander Wit on Sunday. Ordered what I needed from our LHBS today, and will make the trip tomorrow to get it. Brewboss gifted me the wheat I needed, also some BE-256 yeast; never tried this strain before so looking forward to seeing what it does. Per Fermentis it's their former Abbaye yeast and should impart some nice clove/banana into this beer. Next weekend going to do a German pilsner based loosely on Georgetown Brewing's Dreifecta. Husband brought some home and both of us loved it.

Going to brew up a Belgian Orange Coriander Wit on Sunday. Ordered what I needed from our LHBS today, and will make the trip tomorrow to get it. Brewboss gifted me the wheat I needed, also some BE-256 yeast; never tried this strain before so looking forward to seeing what it does. Per Fermentis it's their former Abbaye yeast and should impart some nice clove/banana into this beer. Next weekend going to do a German pilsner based loosely on Georgetown Brewing's Dreifecta. Husband brought some home and both of us loved it.

I think you'll like the BE 256.

I’m brewing the Big Brew AG recipe (6g) with my daughter. YVH had all the hops and the grains are ones I normally keep on hand.
Third brew in as many weeks. I may have to keg condition this along with my Wookey Jack clone that’ll be ready to keg in about 5 days.

Latest posts

Back