Alaskan beers to try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snazzy

Reaction score
I am going on a vacation to Alaska for two weeks and wondering if any body has some can't miss places for beer lovers. I will be in the interior so Alaska brewing in Junea is not possible. So anyone familar with the last frontier let me know. Thanx:mug:

+2 on the Smoked Porter. Just saw a stout by them also.
If in Anchorage you definatley need to check out:

Chilkoot Charlies - www.koots.com - gets a little crazy, but can be fun.

Sleeping Lady brewing company - www.alaskabeers.com

Humpys is always good - www.humpys.com

These are all good places - Sleeping Lady may run out of beer at times so get there earlier

Have fun!!!!

I am going on a vacation to Alaska for two weeks and wondering if any body has some can't miss places for beer lovers. I will be in the interior so Alaska brewing in Junea is not possible. So anyone familar with the last frontier let me know. Thanx:mug:

they're all good :mug:

there are more micro brews per capita than anywhere else in the country in Alaska I read once :D

by interior Alaska you mean Fairbanks there is The Silver Gulch brewery there

a half dozen breweries/ brew pubs in Anchorage

one in Wasilla

one in Kenai

another one in Homer plus a meadery? ( and a winery)

Juneau of course

probably some that are here that even I'm not aware of yet/ havent been to them all yet...I know there are at least a half dozen wineries around the state, but I couldn't name them per-say

Yea, I will hit silver gulch in Fairbanks. I also found one called Raven Ridge Brewery in Fairbanks. Heard any thing on that?

The only time I will be in Anchorage this time is a 6 hour lay over.
My wife has agreed to take a cab to 1 brew pub to sample and have dinner. Anything close to the airport?

Yea, I will hit silver gulch in Fairbanks. I also found one called Raven Ridge Brewery in Fairbanks. Heard any thing on that?

The only time I will be in Anchorage this time is a 6 hour lay over.
My wife has agreed to take a cab to 1 brew pub to sample and have dinner. Anything close to the airport?

its about a 10 minute or so drive from the airport to downtown where there 3 brew pubs within walking (stumbling?) distance of each other practically.

Its almost hard to keep track of all the new craft breweries opening or rumored to be opening these days up here...its a big state :rockin:

Latest posts

Back