Green Apple IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrkramer06

Reaction score
So my buddies and I are thinking about making a green apple IPA but we are not quite sure how to do it. Our last beer was a Blackberry IPA which we just squeezed the blackberries and added 5 pounds into the secondary which was 5 gallons. Because the black berries we kind of tart they actually made the beer taste amazing. Does anyone think that grren apples could do the same thing?

Funny I just listened to the old fruit beer episode of the Jamil Show on the Homebrew Network and he was saying hoppy beers generally did not make good fruit beers since bitter and fruit did not generally go together and that is probably what I would have advised had you not mentioned your previous experience. That being said I am not sure if apples would give as strong of a flavor. I don't usually here of apples as a fruit to beer except in some cider-beer combo. Probably would need to juice them first.

Back