S. Florida water (Limited info from city reports)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Any other brewers from S. Florida that live in or around Coral Springs have any info about the water for brewing and how it comes out? It's from the Biscayne Aquifer and is definitely over chlorinated.

This is all the info the city report gives up.

Fluoride - .648ppm
Sodium - 42.2ppm
Total Trihalomethanes - 40.72ppb
Haloacetic Acids - 20.24ppb
Chloramines - 2.6ppm
Chloride - 78ppm
Sulfate - 33.2ppm
Total Disolved Solids - 260

City states water is medium soft. I'm thinking of using 50/50 with RO but I still have the chloramine issue and the Trihalomethanes and Haloacetic acids I have no clue what the hell they are.

A cmapden tablet should do the trick, and the other things?

Ive no idea what they are either, but I do notice that they are parts per "billion", so I really doubt they are anything to worry about.

Hello,

I figured I'd resurrect this old thread to see if there is any new info. It seems that all the municipal water reports for all of south florida (Miami-dade, Broward, and WPB) seem to have the same information, with little info on other minerals. I might call a local water plant to see if I can get some other info out of them.

Does anyone else have some ideas?

Ok, I spoke Too soon, I just gave them a call and spoke with a very nice woman who gave me some details. I'll post a new thread so people can search at the top.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back