Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a label I created for a friend. He brewed a Barleywine in commemoration of the birth of his daughter, Maelle. Tell me what you think, and if you like it, I'd be happy to help you with one of yours.

26774_27353_8.jpg

tumblr_llggmbxJdT1qfsgguo1_1280.jpg

This is a quick one I made so that I could send a few bottles to a friend. I keg my beer, but use BierMunchers magic beer gun to bottle a few bottles out of each batch for friends. They got a kick out of this label.

raef, I wouldn't say that the honey was "manufactured" since it was really harvested. You also might want to clean up the letters so that they don't overlap so much... The "Bee" actually looks like "Ber" at first glance.

the manufactuered part was a pun although maybe lame and the letters look fine on the labels, had to make it smaller to upload it

That's why I use Photoshop to make my labels... They don't get messed up when I size them for upload. I actually just upload them to my gallery (another benny of being a supporter :D) and it does more of that for me...

So the 'manufactured' was an inside pun... I think you'll find it's lost on most people... Maybe put something like 'processed by 72 naked virgins'... :D

The only one that knows is you...

Actually, I think there were far more than that, since the bees that made the honey were virgins and numbered in the many thousands. :rockin: Just don't specify human virgins and you'll be accurate. :D

Here are my first label attempts. They are modified from http://www.beerlabelizer.com/ (free label design site - pretty nifty, I recommend it if you either need something quick or if you're not very good with image editing) and I altered it with Paint.net (not MS-Paint) utilizing layers, posterized images, and "bleeding cowboy" font (Gimp would probably offer more features, but it’s more than my tiny brain can handle). I brewed this one on Christmas Day.
03b2c65ddede728b1025a5f9502aa4bc0cc4cf4a15a753050f639b8ac4f521566g.jpg

Same beer, topical label. Political bias aside – this label is dedicated to Gov. Walker because taking on WI unions takes "big ones" if you know what I mean...
f6c15241c91931953d75fbf3ca35224d6cc0f044693018182fc220e9911dcd886g.jpg

i think i may have to keep making just slightly offensive labels live this

Check out http:///www.wallbase.net

They have high quality images there (free) from all across the world. Many are NSFW, but thousands of them are. If you register there you can actually create a list of favorites and use them over and over. As a disclaimer, I have no financial interest in the website; it is just a great image gallery site.
:mug:

I'm interested in knowing where you found the sexy image. :D finding good images is one of the more difficult parts (for me) of good label creation.

Was home sick yesterday, so took a crack at a label, obviously the label I had laying around to mock from was from New Belgium, with some of my own adjustments. Just layered it up in Photoshop so if I decide to keep this design, I can swap out the text, colors, and image easily.

Let me know what you think!

wicked_hoe.jpg

Hey everyone
Just started my first batch of home brew, and decided to make a label for it once it's finished. Excited to start this new hobby! Here is the logo I came up with. Thoughts and comments are always welcome :)

beerlogo.jpg

I was searching the forums for what dimensions should be used for printing and couldn't find what most people are using?

I was searching the forums for what dimensions should be used for printing and couldn't find what most people are using?

For my 500ml/1L swing top as well as 750ml Belgian bottles, I make the labels 3"x5" (tall x wide)... I just checked and that size will also work on your standard 12oz bottles... I find it gives me enough room to put the info I want onto the label, without cramming it in.

After looking at some of these labels,I see I need to improve my paint.net skills! But,anyway,I overcame the problems I was having with the program,& came up with a "generic label" where I can change the name,bottled on date,& %ABV. Without further a'due,here it is;

I did all that with the paint brush zoomed in 600%,controlled only with my mouse. The name of the beer will go in the orange field. A light pen & pad would be way easier & quicker. Pantera's planet caravan comes to my mind,for some reason.?

My artistic skills are pathetic, and SWMBO is unhappy if I used up all of the ink printing labels, so I take a minimalist approach. I've got a buttload of the 2.75" x 2.75" diskette labels, so that's what I use for my template.

A few examples:
ButtCrackBrewerySweetCheeks.png
ButtCrackBreweryHersheyHighway.png

ButtCrackBreweryTrampStampMilkStout.png
ButtCrackBreweryTwoMoonRidgeIPA.png

just downloaded illustrator yesterday, knocked these out in a couple hours. The brown victory one still needs some work done but I'm pretty pleased with the results.

let me know what you think!

98373342.jpg

Hey everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. I'm loving all the labels in this thread, and was hoping to get some feedback on my own.

I was going for a 1950s type diner theme with a sort of stamp/letterpress distress. Not really sure if i pulled it off or not, though. I'm also terrible at graphic design, hence the simplicity. The label is going to be permanent (more or less), with the black circle in the center being chalkboard paint where I can write the beer name/stats for that particular bottle. Thanks for any critique!

circlesm.png

My artistic skills are pathetic, and SWMBO is unhappy if I used up all of the ink printing labels, so I take a minimalist approach. I've got a buttload of the 2.75" x 2.75" diskette labels, so that's what I use for my template.

A few examples:
ButtCrackBrewerySweetCheeks.png
ButtCrackBreweryHersheyHighway.png

ButtCrackBreweryTrampStampMilkStout.png
ButtCrackBreweryTwoMoonRidgeIPA.png
That is just wrong... and funny

npauley88 - my deepest apologies, but I thought your "brown victory" post was a continuation of jimmayhugh's post above yours, taking "wrong" to a whole new level. On the other hand, jimmayhugh - there's your next label if you want to push the envelope!

npauley88 - my deepest apologies, but I thought your "brown victory" post was a continuation of jimmayhugh's post above yours, taking "wrong" to a whole new level. On the other hand, jimmayhugh - there's your next label if you want to push the envelope!

LOL... funny, but I thought the same thing! :mug:

haha wow didn't even notice that! hi-larious.

180137_10150415530915078_509340077_17578918_6807074_n.jpg

182824_10150415533630078_509340077_17578973_7320450_n.jpg

180179_10150423615405078_509340077_17695576_3348728_n.jpg

belgian.jpg

200132_10150462469035078_509340077_18158605_3662203_n.jpg

black-cat-blonde.jpg

...working on a label for the Scotch ale (with Groundskeeper Willie on it lol) and one for the Pumpkin ale.

This was for my sister's cider: (it was meh. This year it's going to sit much longer to settle out, and I won't let her impatience get the best of me.)

250194_10150264252331095_584586094_9003356_2382339_n.jpg

Back