Yet another Victoria/Corona Mill Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phecke

Reaction score
So I pretty much have decided to take the plunge and go AG. Because of that I would like to buy a grain mill. I know there are better mills out there than the Victoria/Corona style mills out there, but they also cost 2-3 times as much and it seems people have done fine with a Victoria mill. Maybe in a couple of years if I'm brewing more, I'll buy one. For now though, I'm thinking Victoria mill that I can rig to run off of my drill and I'll crush the grain twice if I have to.

My real question though is, is there a difference in Victoria mills? I've seen some listed as for corn, others listed for grain, and some listed for both. They all look more or less the same, just the hopper may be bigger or smaller (I can rig a bigger hopper if need be too). So if it says Victoria/Corona mill is it the same as all the others?

Basically they are all the same, except that the unnamed ones are a crapshoot for quality and tolerances. I picked up one off of Grizzly that was so out of whack I had to modify it with dremel before I could even get it together. It makes good beer though now that I've got it setup.

My thought, is get one with an actual brand.

I intend to get one with an actual brand name like Victoria or Porkert. I was just wondering if there are different models within a brand I suppose.

Back