I think my grain mill did a good job

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannypittman

Reaction score
While waiting on my first 50 pound bag of malt to arrive along with the other ingredients, I decided to run some coffee beans through it as a test. The first test was done this morning and the coffee was great.
My order arrived shortly after grinding the beans. I was cranking away in mere minutes. I was like a kid with a new toy. Adjusting the plates was easy. The stuff that was pulled off for hydrometer testing looked great and it is bubbling away as I type.
Hopefully I can transfer to secondary before I go out of town next week.

thats what i bought am vary pleased it is not perfect, but i like my grain crush, its an old cast model, the plates are not paralell , and there is no dust cover but foe the price after adjesting it works for me. Grinding by hand is not that ,much a chore, i kind of like it

thats what i bought am vary pleased it is not perfect, but i like my grain crush, its an old cast model, the plates are not paralell , and there is no dust cover but foe the price after adjesting it works for me. Grinding by hand is not that ,much a chore, i kind of like it

+1 on that.. I have a knock-off corona style that was $45 bucks and it works great. I get good mash efficiencies and I kinda look forward to the process of grinding by hand..

The kids had to try grinding by hand. They especially loved the hazelnut, vanilla, and cinnamon coffee aroma.
I saw some other hopper and drill adapter designs in the DIY forum. I am looking forward to that.

Latest posts

Back