Marris Otter Malt Preferences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjung

Reaction score
I'm placing an order with Mid Country Malt, preferably for a sack of M.O., and see that they carry three different malteries. They have Malteries Franco-Belges (Pale Ale Malt), Thomas Fawcett & Sons, and Bairds.
Does anyone have any preference out of these? I'm pretty sure that I've used the TF&S, but don't know much about the others, or what the differences may be.

You should monitor the the Chicago group more closely, we just finished a nice group buy (thanks to RC0032) from them...
I got a sack of the fawcett MO and so far it's been nice in my pales. I'm doing a brown with it in a few weeks...

You should monitor the the Chicago group more closely, we just finished a nice group buy (thanks to RC0032) from them...
I got a sack of the fawcett MO and so far it's been nice in my pales. I'm doing a brown with it in a few weeks...

I noticed that, but being on a lay-off, funds are not as readily available as I'd like.

I hear ya. Hopefully things will pick up soon, if it's any consolation our bidding activity has really picked up, now if we can only convert that to actual work....

Hell, I know of about a dozen BIG project that have permits pulled, and ground broken or ready to break. There's just no $$$ going out.

Great thread, thanks!

I see Mid County Malt is right off of I-80.
I'm a bit over an hour and a half from there, but looks like I'll be making a stop soon.

Only 20 minutes from Three Floyds too!

I'll have to see if I can swing it on Friday.

55 pounds of MO, 2 pints, and a growler for ~$60!

:rockin:

Latest posts

Back