When did YOU start brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerjunky828

Reaction score
I was just trying to think about how much I have brewed and have realized that I am almost to 100 gallons. Not much but I have been brewing for almost a year. Just wondering how long you folks have been making beer?

April 2005 in Ft Wayne, IN

Used a 30qt turkey fryer pot as my MLT, direct fired, lautered in another vessel, boiled in the 30qt turkey fryer pot (after it was rinsed out from the mash). It was very labor intensive, but great beer.

since 2/09, 35 gallons
Up to now, I have been brewing partial mash on my stove. I just picked up a keggle so I'm looking forward to full boil and trying AG.

when i turned 18 :rockin:....now im 22 ....lets see. 2005

(and have been legal all time posting on this forum just in case the mods have an issue)

The first of the year. I did get introduced to home brewing in the mid 80's. A good friend was into brewing back then , but we lost touch over the years.

I bought a Mr. Beer when I was in Highschool which ended up tasting like crap so I didn't try again until sophmore year of college. Once again this came out tasting like piss (I blame that on bad practices and a very old extract kit). I finally got back into the hobby about 1.5 years ago and decided to do things right, every since I've had great beer!

Late 2005. Several (?) months before my wife announced she was preggers. the boy was born Aug. 06'. Did 2 BB Kits and went AG All-In.

August 07, but I've only made 45 gallons of beer (5 of which is still fermenting), 10 of cider and 5 of mead. And since my last few batches have been short, it's closer to 40 probably.

I think I did my first brew around 2001-2002, did a few extract brews here and there. But then didn't brew for a couple years, Then a couple years ago I got back into it, did a few more extract brews. Went AG a little over a year ago, and became obsessed.:mug:

Nov. 04 One month after joining this forum and one month before I turned 21. My second legal beer was my own (with a high life at the bar at mid-night being the first). Oh the memories of a small HBT....:D

March 2008 - and just passed the 200 gallon mark a couple weekends ago with my "Anniversay Barleywine".

28 batches and 208 gallons in 13 months.

Wow... I guess I'm "ye olde farte" around here...

I brewed my first beer in January 1992. No clue how much I've brewed since then, and I have taken a hiatus from the hobby twice due to complications known as "life". In keeping a promise I made to myself about four years ago (that is, the last time I stopped brewing), I started all-grain a few months ago and have about 8 under my belt. I told myself that if I were going to do it again, I was going "whole-hog"...

1998, but it was off and on for years as life and living quarters often prevented it. I have a big house now and have been brewing like a mad man the last two years consistently with no plans to ever slow down.

Started in 1996, just a few brews a year till 2001 than I stopped all together until this past march. I have brewed more in the past 6 weeks than I used to in a year.

started in January with an extract brew, did partial mash for #2 and just couldn't resist the all-grain temptation, so i've done 2 all grainers and another partial mash since (just to get rid of some extract i had sitting around). hope to have more time this summer to brew!

Two days ago!:)

Actually I have made a few batches at a friends house. we took turns purchasing the ingredients then split the bottles when it was time. I got my own starter kit when my half of the bottles got down to 18 beers. Now he can do his own, I can do mine, and if we feel like sharing we can.

I brewed my first batch back in high school. My first batch was a wleches grape concentrate and bred yeast. Yummy, and yeasty!

That was in '97

Actually I first brewed in 1984, just after I was married. Quit once in between and I have recently taken the hobby back up but with all grain this time around. So i guess that makes me the oldballs round here.

Actually I first brewed in 1984, just after I was married. Quit once in between and I have recently taken the hobby back up but with all grain this time around. So i guess that makes me the oldballs round here.

Yeah, but you're from Canadia, so with the exchange rate that makes you younger. Or something.

-Pangs of jelousy. If only my girlfriend liked beer :( I may just have to find a new one

Be careful what you wish for... you may get it! It sucks that, after a long, stressful day at work, when the only think keeping you from going postal is the thought of the last bottle of Tripel Karmeliet that has been sitting in the fridge for a few weeks, and then, when you get home, it's not there... all that's left is the three drops in the bottom of the glass that she mockingly left right on the counter next to the fridge.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My advice: find a woman who supports your beer obsession, but doesn't share it.

September 2008 im a greenhorn but i dont think im obsessed but what else is there to think about.

Spring 2002

Did extract/steeping grain and PM batches but ended up having to take some time off when real life got in the way for a few years.

Tearing up the All Grain now and no looking back.

I've been brewing since July of 2006 starting with Mr. Beer. As a guess, I'd say I've made just over 100G so far plus another few hundred gallons of commercial brew that a started drinking as a direct result of this hobby.

Back