Maple syrup instead of corn sugar to prime?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatsus02

Reaction score
I just brewed a batch of brew I called Breakfast in a Bottle. I used maple sap as the water in my boil, and the batch seemed to turn out great. I read that if I boiled my 12oz of maple syrup in the boil it would leave a woodsy flavor but the sugar would be fermented up in the primary. I opted to try and used the syrup as my priming sugar. If i boil it with a couple cups of water and add it to my bottling bucket like I would corn sugar will this work? If not I will just pitch it in my secondary just before I dry hop it the last three days to get that sweet maple flavor. let me know what you think.

Sure it will work...great idea.

I've read this before...plenty of people have done this...you just need to do some research so that you use an appropriate amount/dose of maple syrup to prime.

I bet this batch will rock!

I just cracked one of these for the test taste run and it is great. Lots of head retention and great hop flavor. Not the pancake breakfast taste I thought, but still very drinkable.

this beer has turned out very well. the only problem is that the sugar content in the maple syrup used in the bottling process was a little too much and it caused it to have a great head, but if left in the bottle to drink it wants to be a volcano.

how about a recipe? looking into doing a maple brew myself and would love any insight you may have.

Back