Home bars

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Reaction score
So I just saw another Heineken commercial talking about their mini kegs again. They were showing all these houses and putting their bar name on the the screen. Then they zoom into the house of 30 people enjoying themselves and you see a guy fire up one of these mini draft systems.

I always have a good laugh seeing these commercials and putting this "bar" against my homebuilt keg cooler at the house.

Thought I would share my amusement with everyone.

Well ya, because that's really all it takes to get 30 people to come over to your house is a couple of mini kegs of Heineken, right? :D

I love it, To have a party with mini kegs for 30 people you will need 10 of those mini's not to mention everyone has to look like morons when your all waiting to dispense beer out of one tap. But we all know that a true homebar revolves around your kegerator
P6230046.JPG

Yeah I was pleased with it. Now I just have to post pictures of the top all finished. If only I could find my damn camera

Yeah its nuts, half the reason that its that expensive is because its made by Krups. The other reason is because they are marketing to the "swank, hip, Heinekin drinking crowd" That just wants a novelty item, that they will probably only use a few times. Where as our kegerators cost about the same, hold more beer, and look a hell of alot cooler!!

Yep, you just summed up the difference between someone with passion and someone without.

I love how I can just wake up, walk past the keg cooler with two kegs of cold brew on tap, and smile in the morning.

do you have a problem with the lines in the tower warming up?

I actually just put my first keg in it yesterday, It was a keg of apfelwein, I cut the hole in the top large enough to let some air from the freezer in and I also insulated around the base where the wood meets the freezer lid, so hopefully this will work, after a few hours of it being on the tower was cool and had a little condensation on it but it wasnt cold. Only about a foot of line is in the tower so hopefully that will have minimal effect

do you have a problem with the lines in the tower warming up?

In my experience, after the first pour the lines and faucet are good to go. I have played around with the idea of mounting a small fan at the base of the hole to force cold air constantly up into the tower. Still have not done this though.

just place a length of copper pipe to exdent a few inches into the cooler. This will draw cold into the tower.

Mike

Thanks for the tip. I will be implementing that idea.

Jester

Me too.

Latest posts

Back