cheap ss turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...good price on that. 30 qt might be a bit small for full AG boils, but that can be remedied via Instawares' store on eBay. They've got aluminum kettles for cheeeeeap.

I'd also be very careful with that stand. The tripod design looks like it could tip over pretty easily, but I could be wrong.

Evan! said:
Yeah...good price on that. 30 qt might be a bit small for full AG boils, but that can be remedied via Instawares' store on eBay. They've got aluminum kettles for cheeeeeap.

I'd also be very careful with that stand. The tripod design looks like it could tip over pretty easily, but I could be wrong.

So.... in other words, that pot looks to small, and the stand looks like it could topple over, but it's a good price? ;)

Aren't most turkey fryers that people use 30qt? That's 7.5 gallon - not as big as I would like, but lots of people get by with that size.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an awesome deal. Unfortunately, the burner and stand may not be the best for upgradability - the way it's built it looks like you'd have to hack it to put a bigger kettle on there, the burner BTU rating is unspecified and it doesn't look like one of the "standard" burner elements you normally see so who knows if you'd be able to upgrade with a standard high-pressure regulator. But, as long as you keep it from tipping over, it'll be fine for 5-gal batches.

But, for 40 bucks and free shipping, I say it's easily worth it, even just for the kettle - if you later upgrade to bigger burner and kettle, it'll still be great for heating mash/sparge water.

I just ordered on of these also. According to Eastman's website the burner is 65,000 BTUs. The stainless pot alone usually sells for more than that.

the_bird said:
Aren't most turkey fryers that people use 30qt? That's 7.5 gallon - not as big as I would like, but lots of people get by with that size.

Mine said it was 30 qt. But, when put 26 in it starts to get scary. 30 qt will work but might give you an ulcer in the process and you might end up with a little less than 5 gallons when all is said and done. A keggle is probably my next equipment upgrade.

get a weldless spigot for that pot. pouring 7.5 gallons sucks...so whether you drain your wort through it, or turn this into a hot liquid tank (which is what I did with my cheap 7.5gal turkey pot) its a worthwhile modification.

Kmart has the Masterbuilt 30 qt turkey fryer on sale for 40 bucks. I picked one up on Monday. Its an aluminum pot but its thick and the stand seems sturdy but I still plan on beefing it up anyway. It also has a spigot on the pot which I like.

If it SEEMS too good to be true...

Wonder how many got bought at the original 75% off price... :D

I ordered one yesterday and got an e-mail this morning that it had shipped. I checked the online tracking and it is on it way to my house today. $39.99, free shipping and next day delivery, thanks for pointing this out to me. I'll let you know how it works out. :mug:

BREW N QUE said:
I ordered one yesterday and got an e-mail this morning that it had shipped. I checked the online tracking and it is on it way to my house today. $39.99, free shipping and next day delivery, thanks for pointing this out to me. I'll let you know how it works out. :mug:

I am glad someone else got one before it went back up. Now that I think about it I should have ordered two. :mug:

beerbuddy said:
I picked this one up Last weekend.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=5375-40278-38021&lpage=none

I still managed to boil-over. But the deck cleans up so much quicker the my stove or grill.

i bought the exact same one never had a boil over but its the BARE minimum for AG, i think my wife is buying me a 10Gal Aluminium from HD for Xmas if not im going to buy it LOL i would like to upgrade my burner/stand im not a huge fan of the current stand never had a tip over but ive never used anything other than the pot that came with it.

Back