Brutus 20 with a Top Tier Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDIr0n

Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading my weldless disaster of a stand to a Blingman Top Tier. The versatility of it has sold me on it, my only problem is my bottom draining MLT. I will still have 3 vessels that I can utilize for very large beers that need the extra sparging.

What I am envisioning is using one of the burner shelves minus the burner just installed upside down for the MLT, and having a normal PID controlled burner for the HLT/BK. Later on down the line I can buy the other burner tier to use all 3 vessels as a Brutus 10 when need be. I will use the HERMS system in my HLT/BK in a Brutus 20 setup to step mash/keep mash as I can't direct fire my MLT.

I have searched for other that have a 2 vessel (Brutus 20) on a top tier, and haven't found any. I welcome any feedback/suggestions.

Thanks,
-G

There was another person on the forum that had a bottom drain setup on a toptier. He cut up one of the burners to remove the center ring and keep the outer ring for structural integrity. The link below has a link in the post to pictures.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/complete-top-tier-keggle-system-309918/

If you were using a shelf I guess you could somehow drill a hole in the sheet metal to feed your drain through. Or just replace your mash tun and sell your bottom drain online here.

Barnesie, thanks for the link. I think I am leaning towards a shelf with a hole cut out for my MLT.

Does anybody have any pictures of a counterflow chiller mounted on a top tier stand, I cant seem to find any examples?

Thanks,
-G

Barnesie, thanks for the link. I think I am leaning towards a shelf with a hole cut out for my MLT.

Does anybody have any pictures of a counterflow chiller mounted on a top tier stand, I cant seem to find any examples?

Thanks,
-G

If you can mount something to a square nut, you can mount it to the stand. I haven't seen any pictures of a counterflow mount either, but I got a stand with a plate chiller mount and that's what I went with.

Back