My vintage Coleman jockey box build (via fall-line)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justincredible

Reaction score
After seeing fall-line's build I was inspired to do something similar. I love the look of the vintage metal Coleman coolers so I hit craigslist looking for one. Within a few hours of posting a wanted ad I found a guy with the following cooler which I bought for $20 this morning.

imag0745m.jpg

Not quite as vintage as his build but good enough to get the look I am going for. The color is ideal so I am thinking of sanding it and using one of the texture spray paints I've seen. Has anyone use the spray paints that are supposed to mimic hammered bronze? Do they look alright? Not sure if that's what I'll end up deciding on but it seems like it might look pretty cool. If you were building this how would you finish it?

Now I start piecing together all of the parts. First up is finding a deal on a two pass cold plate. If I can't find anything on ebay does anyone have any recommendations for a good online dealer?

Back