Sparkolloid Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!! It's the blob! Lolz. I think that might be it,since gelatinous substances have to dehydrate to shrink down. But you never know...

Yea it doesn't seem to want to settle out. I wondered if I should give it a small stir or not.

I wouldn't stir it up. Seems like it'd make a bigger mess. Or disperse again. Just rack off of it. You may've used too much.

For what it's worth, this happened to one of my bathes using Sparkolloid as well. Followed the directions exactly, well...I poured it in still hot n warm. On two other batches I used sparkolloid after letting it cool to jelliness. Those batches cleared without issue, or noticeable jellyfish. But this batch...the jelly fish moves about an inch downward per day, the mead above is clear, the mead below is not. Its super noticeable in a dark room when you flashlight the carboy.

Back