Fermenting stopped?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrywright88

Reaction score
Hi,
I started brewing this kit on tuesday: Brewmaker
I boiled the can with 1kg of sugar, then let it cool, poured it in the fermenting bucket, added cold water, then put the yeast sachet in a cup of warm water for
20 minutes with cling film over it, then poured that in the fermenter and stirred it in. I checked the gravity on wednesday and it was 1.0356. Now (saturday) it has stopped bubbling completely and the gravity is 1.010 should I syphon it into the keg or leave it to ferment for a bit longer?

Do the instructions tell you what to expect the final gravity to be?

At any rate, 1.010 is fine. Keg it up!

Welcome to the forum.

Your starting gravity was a bit thin. I would say your ready. To be on the safe side you can wait one more day and then take another reading. If it hasn't dropped at all then go ahead and keg.

Thanks for the advice, the instuctions don't say anything about gravity, think i'll leave it till tomorow and check gravity then.

another thing i didnt mention, there was never any foam on the top just like bubbles when it was fermenting, is this a problem?

harrywright88 said:
another thing i didnt mention, there was never any foam on the top just like bubbles when it was fermenting, is this a problem?

No, it was probably a very fast ferment.

Back