Jacksonville, FL Group Buy from North Country Malts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCrazy

Reaction score
There is a Jacksonville area group buy for malt. Checkout their catalog at http://www.northcountrymalt.com/files/PDF/2007Catalog.pdf

Out of towners welcome, but you'll have 2 weeks to get your grain from Jacksonville.

If you are interested, I’m having an order shipped to my warehouse located at Philips Hwy and Greenland Rd. Shipping will be split up by weight but at 42 bags will be approximately $4/bag. Keep base malts to whole bags and if you want at least a quarter bag of anything else let me know. Be sure to include your name, phone number, and complete list of what you want in your message. After I find out how much interest, I’ll send back an exact price. All orders will be prepaid. I’m looking at placing the order at the end of the month.

If this works, we can do this quarterly.

Sounds interesting BeerCrazy but, and please don't take offense, you only have one post here. Usually these group buys are done by a well-known member and/or somebody who has several personal friends here that can vouch for their trustworthyness. I don't think I qualify either because nobody here knows me well enough to know whether I'm trustworthy or not.

I don't think the $22-$26 savings per sack would be worth it for me anyway after all the gas driving up and back. Good luck though.

I understand the concern. I found this forum when trying to source malt for my home brewery. The payment would be PayPal or Google with such a way as to protect both the buyers and sellers. I also have a business license in Florida and will provide address, copy of my D/L, and lots of personal info to anyone interested in going in together.

Prices, including shipping based on 20 bags in the group buy (shipping is $9/bag):

Canadian 2-row - $26.95 + $9 = $35.95
Canadian 6-row - $26.95 + $9 = $35.95
Flaked corn - $34.10 + $9 = $43.10

Prices, including shipping based on 40 bags in the group buy (shipping is $4.50/bag):

Canadian 2-row - $25.30 + $4.50 = $29.80
Canadian 6-row - $25.30 + $4.50 = $29.80
Flaked corn - $32.45 + $4.50 = $36.95

In addition to these prices, I will be reimbursed for any payment processing costs, fuel, or any other costs. For your budget, figure 5%.

Back