Does 1 bbl fermenting mean you have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltMonkey

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kind of enjoying all grain. Doing a batch tomorrow and one Saturday, which will be the 6th 5g batch I've done in the last 2 1/2 weeks....1 bbl in the fermenters!

Is there a 12 step program or something I should look into?

I think there's one. It's like "chocoholics anonymous", only for people who drink alcohol. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head though... :fro:

That's interesting. I never looked at my volume in BBLs. I'm somewhere around 3.5-4bbls now if you're only talking homebrewing. I see no problem with your rate...:D

I have eight 6.5 gallon carboys, ten 5 gallon carboys and seven kegs full right now. That is every vessel I own with the exception of one 5 gallon keg with a broken post.

So I guess I am at just under 4 barrels. They do have 12 step programs for people like us, but most of those programs won't work for me because I can't get past step 2, and have a lot of trouble with step 1. Let me just say that I think the only way to fail at absolutely anything is to quit.

Donasay said:
I have eight 6.5 gallon carboys, ten 5 gallon carboys and seven kegs full right now. That is every vessel I own with the exception of one 5 gallon keg with a broken post.

So I guess I am at just under 4 barrels.

:eek:

I have some catching up to do......

I'm at 40 gallons for the year and I am short a carboy now to be able to rack my Munich Helles to secondary. I only have 5 kegs, 3 of which have beer in them. I am going to switch over to 10 gallon batches. 5 to keg and 5 to bottle for sharing.

It is a problem and don't try to pretend it isn't or that you can handle it on your own. Fortunately I am here to help. Bottle it all up and send it to me. Do this every time you brew. Then I am the one with the problem, not you. Don't worry that you might be placing a burden on me, it is the kind of thing I do, being a Brewpastor and all. I won't even charge you for the service.

maltMonkey said:
Is there a 12 step program or something I should look into?

No, i don't think anyone has ever done a 12 step-mash.... that i've heard of anyway... that's what you were asking right

*downs another homebrew*

I was at around 300-350 gallons last year.. and I only brewed till August. :eek:

Brewing is starting again. Just waiting for my 10lbs of hops. Though my recipes will be a tad simular in hop flavor this year. Only ordered 2 varieties. Bullion and Tettnager. Both were on last years prices.

Gosh darn. I thought I was doing well, having brewed my fifth batch for February today. I need to inherit a few more carboys from my friends. And get a burner and a keggle so I can go 10G.

missing link said:
I'm at 40 gallons for the year

Me too, and there's no sign of stopping any time soon. I need to fill 7 cornies, four secondaries and two primaries so that I can drink on the front end and brew on the back end. Ten gallons a month usually does me.

Back