Shipping a Corney can...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Some of my internet guitar freak friends are having a party next Sept in IN, which I am planning to attend.... And I would like to ship a corney can from Washington.... To Indianapolis.....

Is this do able? Is it legal? And how much would it cost?

Any ideas?

It's doable, and it's legal. Not through the US Postal Service, where it illegal to mail alcoholic beverages, but through UPS or FEDEX or other carriers. It's officially against policy for UPS or Fedex, but not against the law.

As far as cost, I don't know. UPS goes by weight, and of course oversized packages cost more. 5 gallons of beer weighs about 45 pounds or so. If you are under 50 pounds, you avoid the "freight" charge, I believe.

It's doable, and it's legal. Not through the US Postal Service, where it illegal to mail alcoholic beverages, but through UPS or FEDEX or other carriers. It's officially against policy for UPS or Fedex, but not against the law.

As far as cost, I don't know. UPS goes by weight, and of course oversized packages cost more. 5 gallons of beer weighs about 45 pounds or so. If you are under 50 pounds, you avoid the "freight" charge, I believe.

We ship through Fed Ex at work so I can get the "corporate" discount there... Problem is.. It's against company policy to bring alcoholic beverages on the property. I was thinking it's going to be more like 50 lbs...

I told the guys that SOMEBODY may need to "rent" a CO2 tank from a welding place... And we'll need a method of keeping it cold....

The guys are a bunch of IPA fans, so I'm thinking about brewing a special batch of the Yoopers House Ale... with the Summit Hop twist I put on it.

Enjoying a glass of that right now!

Yum! You know what is bizarre? I'm drinking the same beer now, but with the citra hops twist! I mean, right this very minute I'm drinking that same beer. Weird, huh?

I kegged it on Saturday, and thought, "Ugh." It was sort of mango/pineapple, almost sour. I threw in a teaball of cascade leaf hops and closed the keg until yesterday. I tried it yesterday, and I thought, "Hmm. It's ok." Today, it's 100% improved! I'm liking it!

Latest posts

Back