Magic Hat Spring IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTower

Reaction score
I just had one of these last night. I don't know if it's new, I've never seen it before and I generally enjoy Magic Hat beers. My first thought was that it's the clearest beer I've ever seen, it looked like tinted glass. I don't have much of a liking for bitterness, and this was slightly more bitter than I would have liked, but the hop taste at the end was awesome. The website says they use columbus hops. Anyone have experience with these? Anyone else try this beer?

As a general rule I don't drink Magic Hat unless it's a choice between that and rolling rock. I think they play fast and loose with quality, and have never been impressed with their beers.

I had it with their spring sampler pack and I thought it was ok. Not the best ipa I have ever had but I would drink it again. It is a shame that it was packaged with that garbage #9.

Walker brought a sixer over last Saturday night. I'm not a big fan of MH but I thought this IPA was fantastic. I would definitely buy it again.

As a general rule I don't drink Magic Hat unless it's a choice between that and rolling rock. I think they play fast and loose with quality, and have never been impressed with their beers.

Roxy Rolles. Buy it the next time you see it, then send me a nice thank-you note. I agree, their beers tend towards mediocrity, but that's a real, real nice beer, one of my favorite American Ambers, pretty close to IPA territory but with a stronger, toastier malt profile.

I like the magic hat as well. Number 9 is the one I can remember that I like. I haven't had it in a while. I will now visit the brewery this winter to do a quality check.

Back