SEATTLE BEER WEEK - May 7th - 17th 2009!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
This event is blowing up! Seattleites get ready for an amazing 10 days of all things beer! Seattle Beer Week begins May 7th and runs through the 17th. At Naked City, we will be rolling out "An Ale of Two Cities" which is a collaboration brew between ourselves and Silver City Brewing in Silverdale WA. We will also be hosting brewer's nights with Victory and Moylan's.

Be sure and check the Seattle Beer Week website for the full schedule. And for you out-of-towners, If you were ever thinking of visiting Seattle, May is the time!!!

Right on. Hope to make it to some of those events.

How are things looking for you being at work on the 4th of April? Looks like I might actually be able to make it out then.

Right on. Hope to make it to some of those events.

How are things looking for you being at work on the 4th of April? Looks like I might actually be able to make it out then.

Hate to hijack, but if your going to be out there on the 4th you could also check out the Exbeerience beer festival at redhook.

I will actually be at the Exbeerience Beer Fest. We have a booth there and will be pouring the Naked City Dubbel.

Either of you have a decent link for the Exbeerience Beer Fest. I might hit that up and make a trip to the pub later.

Either of you have a decent link for the Exbeerience Beer Fest. I might hit that up and make a trip to the pub later.

I'm looking for a more informative page, but you can buy tickets here Brown Paper Tickets - The first and only fair-trade ticketing company!

The cascade brewers guild puts it on and they had a downloadable poster on their website last year, but I can't seem to find one for this year. All the info on their site is resolving around the homebrew comp.

Heres a quote from the comp rules, somewhat about the event

The final rounds of the competition will be held April 4th in conjuction with the ExBeerience beer festival at the Redhook Brewery in Woodinville. Preliminary judging will begin on March 22nd to ensure that final judging is completed prior to the start of festival. The public is invited to attend the surrounding ExBeerience beer festival and get live announcements of the winners as judging is completed.

Find out more about the festival and purchase advance tickets at Brown Paper Tickets. Space is limited but purchasing advance tickets not only guarantees you entry but also gets you an additional taste for free. Local Homebrew club, W.A.B.L., and Ratebeer members get one additional free tastes.

Edit: Here is a little more info http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/23875

Man, of course I'm going to be in Portland at a wedding for the first weekend of Beer Week. I'm definitely going to come by for Friday though, I wouldn't want to miss the tapping of the Ale of Two Cities!

Here's the Exbeerience festival poster:

We have a few events scheduled at Naked City for Seattle Beer Week. Come on out!

Friday May 8th, 2009: Release party for the “Ale of Two Cities” beers! The collaboration between Naked City, Silver City and Anacortes Brewery produced for us a total of four fine beers that will all be flowing at Naked City on Friday night. Come in to enjoy “Hoptrocity” Imperial Rye IPA, “Eau Sombre” Belgian Style Dark Strong Ale, “Bock to Bock” Winter Bock and “Copper Mountain” Helles Bock. We plan to offer flights of beer with food pairings and all proceeds from the “Ale of Two Cities” series will benefit cancer research. We’re sure even Dickens would agree “It was the best of times; it was the wort of times!”

Friday May 8th, 2009: Go Washington!! You’ll notice upon entering the doors of Naked City faces beaming with a certain local pride as we once again fill our taps with 24 unique Washington breweries along with the addition of 6 Washington beers in casks on the bar top!!

Saturday May 9th, 2009: Meet and Greet with folks from Dogfish Head! Come out Saturday evening to hang with the “off-centered” cats from Dogfish Head Brewery. We will be featuring a few rare draft and bottle Dogfish Head beers.

Monday May 11th, 2009: Victory Night at Naked City! Steve German, founder and CEO from Victory Brewing Company, will be at Naked City. We will be tapping some very rare and not-ever-again available kegs from the brewery. Sure it’s Monday, but you are taking Seattle Beer Week off, remember?

Wednesday May 13th, 2009: Moylan’s Brewer’s Night from 7-10pm! We are honored to welcome Brewmaster, Denise Jones, from Moylan's Brewery & Restaurant to Naked City. Denise has prepared some very special kegs exclusively for this event. How 'bout these for a teaser: Wet Hopsickle '08? Cask Hopsickle? Batch #1000 Double Scotch? Freshie Kolschbier? NOR CAL IPA? Ryan Sullivan's Imperial Stout? Something special from the barrel? If you’ve heard of these beers, you know you can’t miss out. If you haven’t heard of these beers, KNOW you can’t miss out!!

Looks like I'll be hanging out at Naked City quite a bit this weekend!!

Next week is gonna be ****in awesome:rockin:

Victory Night was awesome last night. We had on tap at Naked City: Yakima Twilight (Dark Imperial IPA), Wild Devil (Hop Devil with Brett.), Braumeister Pils (Saaz single hop Pilsner), Baltic Thunder (Baltic Style Porter), Abbey 6 (Abbey Style Singel).

Tomorrow is Moylan's Night. Check out this line up:

Freshie Kolschbier, Pomegranate Wheat, Nitro Special Bitter, NOR CAL IPA, Batch #1000 Bourbon Double Kilt Lifter Scotch, Batch #1000 Double Kilt-Sickle (Double Kilt Lifter aged in a Chardonnay barrel that once held two separate batches of Hopsickle), Wet Hopsickle '08 (Fresh Hop version of Hopsickle) Dry Hopped Hopsickle Firkin (Cask version of Hopsickle dry hopped with Cascades.

Right now I'm headed up to Elysian for the Firkin vs Firkin festival then off to Pub at Piper's Creek for the Pig Roast and Beer School featuring Lazy Boy Brewing and Victory Brewing.

It's been a crazy week so far!!! And we stll have until Sunday before we can rest our livers! :cross:

Katie caught a nasty cold so we've only been able to go to 2 events so far. :(

Hopefully we can make the event at Naked City tomorrow night!!

Sounds like a blast. Wish I could make it, but stuff happens and we are also saving to put braces in my daughter's mouth this month.

Don, I will make it to Naked City someday, hopefully soon.

Back