milk crates?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting them? I didn't see any at Lowe's or Target...

In the ally behind the convenience store, or gas station, that is, for "milk" Crates.

istockphoto_1468821_red_milk_crate_to_sit_on.jpg

For Storage Crates, the home organization section of most big box department stores like target, Home Depot, Lowes, or Staples or Office Max.

75102.jpg

You probably weren't looking in the right department...Look in Office or Home Organization...

Check your nearest "Dollar store". The one near me had them for $1. Hard to beat that price. Also check craigslist. I have seen them on there for about the same price.

will cheapo ones hold a full carboy safely for carrying?

I asked a C store clerk. Got several that were left behind by an old distributor that the new distributor wouldn't collect.

I read a while back about a new gallon milk jug design that elliminates the need for the crates (square-ish jugs that are stackable on pallets). I figure there will be a flood of the old crates hitting the market as distributors switch to the new design. That's taking longer than I thought, though...

I was gonna take a couple home from work, but "Theft of this crate is illegal" was printed on the side... I guess they reuse them and didnt want me to take it. So I left them there :(

Latest posts

Back