Crimson Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
Here's a label I made for the Irish Red I brewed last night! Wanted this to be a bier I drink every weekend during the upcoming college football season. Only thing, I forgot to put the SEC logo on it, or my batch and abv #'s.

CrimsonAleLabel-1.jpg

Schlante and Roll Tide,
Phillip

That's really cool!

I brew an Oktoberfest for my alma mater's homecoming tailgating party, and I've been trying to come up with a clever name and label for it... but to no avail.

-Steve

That's really cool!

I brew an Oktoberfest for my alma mater's homecoming tailgating party, and I've been trying to come up with a clever name and label for it... but to no avail.

-Steve

It is very nice, I love Alabama's colors. FYI, you misspelled schedule...

What ... me I see no typos!

Steve

Who's your alma mater? Just go to thier webpage or google it to get the logo/mascot and work from there! If your college is so miniscule that you can't find a copy of the logo, just find an image of what ever type of animal, weapon, etc it's named after. For instance with Alabama I could have pulled up a picture of a furious bull elephant and worked with it.

Schlante,
Phillip

Who's your alma mater? Just go to thier webpage or google it to get the logo/mascot and work from there! If your college is so miniscule that you can't find a copy of the logo, just find an image of what ever type of animal, weapon, etc it's named after. For instance with Alabama I could have pulled up a picture of a furious bull elephant and worked with it.

The school mascot is a Colonial (American) and the school color is blue... so I'm having a hard time linking that to a German Oktoberfest beer!

Meh. Something will come up.

-Steve

The school mascot is a Colonial (American) and the school color is blue... so I'm having a hard time linking that to a German Oktoberfest beer!

Meh. Something will come up.

-Steve

Not an easy one, but I have a couple of ideas. I think you could put an American flag in the background, preferably one with 13 stars and place a German character in lederhosen on the label. Just do a google image search. Another idea would be to place lederhosen on a colonialist or the school mascot. Lastly it could be the school logo placed over some kind of Bavarian/German themed pic in the background.

Schlante,
Phillip

Thanks for the compliments, must've done something right if the Auburn fans are complimenting it! :D :tank:

I brewed 5.25 gals. Enough to give me 4 or so biers per a game more if I only drink it during the televised games (I just have to stay disciplined and only drink it for the games). I don't get hammered and watch the game, don't get hammered anyway, don't want to miss all the action. I could have tied one on after a few dozen games over the past few years though!!!! It'd take more than my 3.9-4% abv bier to get me to where I'd need to be to drown the misery of bad decisions coming from Tuscaloosa over the past decade! But hey they finally got one right, and I'm celebrating this year with the first annual "official" bier of the FB season.

I'm thinking of making my next brew the official bier of the SEC FB season, or perhaps the CFB season as a whole. Thought I'd do a circle of pennets on the front featuring all 12 SEC teams. If I do an NCAA I'll just collage a bunch of different logos. Hey I could do both, just more of a reason to BREW!!! :rockin:

Schlante,
Phillip

Ps I thought about doing a Big 10 bier, an Ordinary and Bitter... (snickering) :mug: That's just mean... I apologize!

I would leave off any team sporting orange. Just a personal call- I have shown your label to about 15 folks. All had praise- nice job.

the first one looks really sweet! great idea to have the schedule on the side. are you sharing any of these with anyone watching with you?

*deep sigh* No I'm not going to the GaDome... haven't been to a game in several years. I can either save for my children to go to college or purchase season tickets! Easy choice! But I will be springing for the occasional single game as my son gets older, ahh good times ahead.

No I do not share my bier with anyone! :)
Just kidding, but I'm usually watching CFB in the luxury of my own living room with nobody else around. Seems me and my friends are all family men with obligations and rarely get together to watch the games! There are rare occasions when we do, and when we do yes I share anything I have.

I created the design in Adobe Photoshop. It's a fairly simple process. First I created the background using a couple of filters. (to be fair I pulled the background from a trailer wrap I created at work and recolored it) The texture was created with a soft cloud filter then a I think I used one of the "artistic" filters. Typed Roll Tide in a script font, rotated, copied, and repeated to look like it was a repeating pattern in the background. Merged all those layers of Roll Tide text, text is white, then set the layer blending mode to "lighten" (I think). Pulled the logo from the internet along with all team logos, cfa, SEC etc. Downloaded the collegiant font for free. Layed out the text and placed an appropriate layer effect drop shadow on all necessary logos and text. Voila finish.

mallodw your label looks good. Using a photo can be limiting, but it usually gets across what you're trying to communicate quite swiftly. Hey it's what I did for my Breakfast Stout label, it's just a pic of a plate of breakfast with text over it. The only critique I have is the label would flow better if you removed the red box with your brewery name and bier name from the picture and ran it along the right edge. This way you could put the Alabama logo at the top and run the bier name and brewery name vertical below it.

Roll Tide, Free the Hops, Keep on brewing, and Schlante,
Phillip

great label...
MVKTR2 said:
Ps I thought about doing a Big 10 bier, an Ordinary and Bitter... (snickering) That's just mean... I apologize!
... but don't hate on the Big 10. apology accepted :)

me and my friends have had all sorts of traditions for gameday over the years, but this tops most of them. drink a hometeambrew before every game to promise victory?

Back