No Carbonation--Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidMo5

Reaction score
I just tried a Coopers Wheat that had been bottled for and week, and it had absolutely no carbonation. I had put in 3 carb tabs when bottled. I used a electric hand mixer when I added the dry malt. This produced some foam. Is this the problem. Can I salvage the remaining 19 liters? I'm new at this, so go easy on me. Thanks.

Welcome to HBT!

I have some ideas about the lack of carbonation but in order to be more specific it helps if you give us some more information about your process. When you say hand mixer, you mean before the fermentation, right? And what recipe/kit did you use? Did you boil it, and did you take any hydrometer readings?

The general feeling I have with the information you provided is that it's just too early for carbonation to have happened. Keep the bottles at 70 degrees for two weeks before even trying one! I think the carb tabs work fine, but it takes them a little while.

Back