The Best Beer Magazine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrookedChris

Reaction score
I did a few searches for discussion on beer and brewing magazines but couldn't really find much good debate and conversation.

I currently subscribe to BYO and haven't really checked out many of the other magazines related to brewing and general beer enjoyment. I really like the topics and format of BYO but sometimes feel like the quality and detail in the writing leaves something to be desired. I'll keep my BYO subscription for many years to come but am thinking about supplementing it.

So who reads other publications? What do you like and not like about them? Don't limit this discussion to brewing only, let's also include beer appreciation magazines (All About Beer) and trade journals (Celebrator: Beer News).

Here's a list of a few I know about to get the conversation rolling:
-BYO
-Zymurgy
-Brewing Techniques
-All About Beer
-Celebrator: Beer News
-American Brewer

I haven't readall of the mags listed here, but I'm partial to Zymurgy myself.

Zymurgy is hard to beat. I just wish they came out more often. Seems all the beer rags have dropped back to every other month. Pretty whimpy if you ask me.

BYO has been monthly for the last few issues.

Brewpastor, I'm interested in both. I was hoping to stimulate a little conversation so I could find out more about all the different options from those who know best: the readers.

I know this is a homebrew site, but I would love some advise on what the best trade magazines out there are for small craft breweries.

Back