Best SMaSH recipe you've made???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my humble experience, Nottingham mutes hops flavour and aroma quite a bit, so you might be better off with something like us05 or bry97 if you want to experience the differences of the hops best.

I think the brewery routinely uses Nottingham and it was the general consensus that everyone had it or could get it. So that was the rationale behind it’s choice. Similarly with the Maris Otter malt choice. Everyone can easily get hold of it.

I think the brewery routinely uses Nottingham and it was the general consensus that everyone had it or could get it. So that was the rationale behind it’s choice. Similarly with the Maris Otter malt choice. Everyone can easily get hold of it.
That's why I suggested bry97 which is from the same company as Nottingham and us05 which everybody should get very easily nevertheless the different company.

Back