Bought my first 5 gal kit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR-Josh

Reaction score
Muntons Gold Pilsner. It's in UK gallons. :eek: The directions call for using pints which I'm assuming are UK pints. I don't have any cups that measure UK. It also gives an approximate amount in liters. Has anyone done one of these using the liter measurements? Any suggestions on what to do?

"They come in Pints?!"

Sounds like you're in for some fun. Use some online calculators, and you should be good. Don't forget, it has to be bottled in British pints too. None of this 12oz stuff.. :mug:

I guess I was worried about how close I needed to get to the UK measurement. I probably just need to relax, not worry, and have a homebrew.

I believe I'll have a few pints tonight......Hope I don't develop a British accent.

Update: I put this puppy in to ferment on 1/21 and got an OG of 1.046. At almost two weeks later and a constant ambient temp of 68-70, I have a gravity reading of 1.016. It is still a little high for the pilsner range (1.014 or 1.015 is the top end). I'm going to let it go a full two weeks then check it again.

I was having problems with my thief and hydrometer. I sanitized the hydrometer and thief with starsan and there was so much foam I could not really see the numbers. So I pulled out the hydrometer and used it as a tool to pop the many bubbles. I finally gave up after all that and put the beer in a glass I had near by. I noticed that the bubbles were just about gone so I dumped it back in the thief and dropped the hydrometer. Looked like 1.016.

My plan is to let it go to two weeks then transfer to secondary as there is a good bit of stuff still floating around in the primary. I was going to let it sit there another two weeks. Then I was going to keg it, put it under pressure and store it off in a holding area for another two weeks before chilling and carbing it. Sound good or should I think about doing something else?

Latest posts

Back