Duck prosciutto question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumpetsnbeer

Reaction score
So this is my first time doing anything like this. I'm making duck prosciutto, I followed some basic instructions. I let 1 sit in salt for 24 hours the other like 35.

Now I'm confused on what temperature to hang it in.
I live in the city and its summer so it is really hot in my appartment all the time. Im also kind of poor so funds are lacking a little bit.

I bought a mini fridge, to try this and plan to try cheese making next. So i thought I had to keep it at 40F so it has been between 36-40F for about 5-6 days now. Then tonight I was reading and it said to keep it at, 45-55F for a low side, and ideal range of 50-60F.

So will this mess it up? This is my first try and plan on doing it again just trying to learn. Should I turn the tempture up, then let it sit for a few more days? What should I do?

I know my set up is not ideal but, just having fun for now.

They have citys in Maine?:D
JK, following as this is something I have thought of doing, I don't think you will do any harm with the low temp, turn it up and let it sit but again, no experience:mug:

I just hang mine in the refrigerator, it's usually about 40 and it always comes out fine. It's probably the most forgiving and easiest charcuterie recipe.

I hung mine in my fermentation fridge set to about 5 degrees celsius. Turned out great. This is one of the easiest charcuterie recipes to try out the craft.

Back