Simcoe in stock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeekage

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A little birdie told me that Simcoe is in stock at labelpeelers.com for less than $15/lb. I have been looking for a while to get it under 1.60 /oz and they finally have it. It just came back in stock this afternoon and last time they sold out in 4 hours. This will be my first order with them so we will see how it goes.

If this is the wrong place for this feel free to remove or delete it mods.

Hopefully someone is in the same boat as me and will find this helpful.

zeekage said:
A little birdie told me that Simcoe is in stock at labelpeelers.com for less than $15/lb. I have been looking for a while to get it under 1.60 /oz and they finally have it. It just came back in stock this afternoon and last time they sold out in 4 hours. This will be my first order with them so we will see how it goes.

If this is the wrong place for this feel free to remove or delete it mods.

Hopefully someone is in the same boat as me and will find this helpful.

Oh, how much do you rock, zeekage! Simcoe is my absolute favorite and I'm down to a single lonely ounce. I was so desperate that I was actually trolling pro brewer.com and considering buying a 44# box. Instead, I just got 2 #s for $32 delivered. Thank you!

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Awesome! Freshops has it as well but at $1.60 / oz and no discount for bulk purchase. Check that one in the future too. Though they only sell whole hops.

shipping was almost as much as 1lb of simcoe to So Cal

ordered some extract to have on hand for starters to at least get something else in there

still worked out to a good deal but wish I coulda got the cheap shipping like others in here

I ordered 4lbs of hops and shipping was $12 so it still worked out to less than $1/oz for all the hops including a lb of Amarillo and Simcoe. Grabbed some Cascade and Warrior too. DFH 60 min IPA clone here we come!

Just placed my order. The stock on simcoe went out as I was looking just now. Never ordered from. These guys before but they had simcoe and the kiwi hops I was looking for so giving them a chance.

Anybody vouch for them?

if you create an account you can set it to notify you when they come back in stock. He said they get a hop availability chart every morning from their supplier so there's' a chance it'll come back in stock at some point in the future.

shipping was almost as much as 1lb of simcoe to So Cal

ordered some extract to have on hand for starters to at least get something else in there

still worked out to a good deal but wish I coulda got the cheap shipping like others in here

You do have to order multiple pounds or additional items to bring the shipping cost's down. I keep telling my wife this logic as my freezer gets more jammed with hops. "Tis the season" for hops though.

JimTheHick said:
Just placed my order. The stock on simcoe went out as I was looking just now. Never ordered from. These guys before but they had simcoe and the kiwi hops I was looking for so giving them a chance.

Anybody vouch for them?

Just ordered 6 lbs from them last week, all was good. Haven't opened them yet, though

Anybody vouch for them?

Yes, I can. I've placed 4 orders from them and they ship fast. They are my new favorite to buy from.

iaefebs said:
Yes, I can. I've placed 4 orders from them and they ship fast. They are my new favorite to buy from.

That's good to hear! My initial thought to order a few items to test them out turned into five pounds of hops! And I'm only on my 12th batch! Ahhhhhhhh!

That's good to hear! My initial thought to order a few items to test them out turned into five pounds of hops! And I'm only on my 12th batch! Ahhhhhhhh!

Brings the shipping cost per pound down. Now you have to figure out what you will do in May-June? (March - April?) when you are out of hops.:mug:

I've got 8 ounces of Simcoe pellets. I will ship them to you for free, I just need your social security number, full name, and DOB to verify who you are first and then they're all yours! :cross::ban:

You have to move fast on this stuff! Ordered mine there yesterday! Got 2 lbs of Simcoe and 2 lbs of Amarillo (and 6 other assorted pounds). There's a few of us that buy our hops together so the shipping cost isn't so bad once we divvy it all up.

Are these 2011 hops? I didn't see it on the website and I already missed Simcoe so I don't want to chance ordering old hops that I could easily order elsewhere fresh.

edit: also I created a profile on the site but can't seem to add Simcoe (or any product for that matter) to my product notification list. How do I do this?

If simcoe doesn't become available I'll just order some other hops I need since the prices are pretty good there.

Their main hop page says everything they have is the 2011 crop. Hops

To get the notifications to work, while logged in you have to go to the individual product page (so the 1 lb simcoe pellets, or 1 oz simcoe pellets) and at the bottom left there's a big green checkmark button. Thats the "notify me" button. Took me a while to figure it out too. Ive got it set up for all the Simcoe/Citra/Centennial hops.

Their main hop page says everything they have is the 2011 crop. Hops

To get the notifications to work, while logged in you have to go to the individual product page (so the 1 lb simcoe pellets, or 1 oz simcoe pellets) and at the bottom left there's a big green checkmark button. Thats the "notify me" button. Took me a while to figure it out too. Ive got it set up for all the Simcoe/Citra/Centennial hops.

I got my order today. They are Hop Union packaged and were vacuum sealed and not the soft pack they used this year. So I say they are 2010 hops. Fast shipment but a little disappointed it wasn't noted when I bought them.

Well that sucks if so. Did you order them this past Wednesday? My order from them from Wednesday is still processing so we will see when mine ships I guess.

Well that sucks if so. Did you order them this past Wednesday? My order from them from Wednesday is still processing so we will see when mine ships I guess.

I ordered them the day this post went up. If you have the USPS number you can check USPS tracking. I don't use the stamps.com information.

Talking to other micros around here and there will be Simcoe arriving in the general market later this month, albeit in more limited quantities than before and a bit more expensive but it will be available.

I got a load of different varieties a couple weeks ago and all were soft packs, not vacuum sealed. I'll be getting the Simcoe in on Monday, so we'll see if it's different.

Man that sucks if it is 2010 crop. I already had a pound of simcoe but ordered a pound of these assuming they were 2011 crop.

Man that sucks if it is 2010 crop. I already had a pound of simcoe but ordered a pound of these assuming they were 2011 crop.

If they were stored properly it's not a huge deal. But it should have been mentioned by Label Peelers. I'll know more when I open one.

Hop union changed the method they used to seal the bag. The bags Look identical to last year except they are fluffy and not hard vacuum sealed.

Yeah, my 2 lbs of leaf were all in one very large bag and it only had a twist tie on it. Broke it down into 8oz increments and vacuum packed them to keep them fresh.

I got 2 lbs and while not a firm vacuum seal ala Austin homebrew the packages were not full of air. With so many people selling 2010 hops it's almost like we need bag dating. But at the very least this should have been visible on the product page.

I'm just glad I got me some Simcoe at a reasonable price!

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

strikertown said:
I got 2 lbs and while not a firm vacuum seal ala Austin homebrew the packages were not full of air. With so many people selling 2010 hops it's almost like we need bag dating. But at the very least this should have been visible on the product page.

The main home page of the site said ALL hops being sold were 2011 at the time I ordered wed. I sure hope they are, but I haven't gotten mine yet.

Latest posts

Back