Another kegorator build :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dummkauf

Reaction score
Started building my kegerator tonight!!! :D

Got the holes drilled and the taps in tonight. Still need to cut the holes in the shelving on the door so that I can get it reattached, and build the platform on the floor of the fridge, but it's getting close and I had to share :D

P1110532.jpg

The taps

P1110534.jpg

This little guy is my insurance against someone opening the freezer and pouring perfectly good beer all over the floor :( I would have put the taps lower, but they are already low enough, plus I have some scrap cherry and maple laying around that I plan on turning into tap handles when I got some time to turn them out, and those will be longer than the cheap plastic handles that are on there now.

P1110536.jpg

Good start. So, you're not going to be able to open your freezer while the beer is on? If I didnt go lower with the taps, I would make it where both doors opened at the same time, just to have easier access. Just a thought. - Dwain

Thanks, no, I can open the freezer any time. That little L bracket attached to the freezer door catches on the bottom door when the freezer is opened. Which means I can open the fridge without opening the freezer. But if you open the freezer, the L bracket catches the fridge door and opens both. Which keeps the freezer door from pushing the tap handles to the open position :D

I had seen somewhere on this forum where someone just screwed the doors together, and I thought about that, but I didn't want my freezer open every time I was messing around with the kegs :D

I just drilled my 2 of 4 taps today and made my shelves, (I'll post those pics tomorrow) I bought a side-by-side on CL for $50 in amazing condition and built my shelves to fit 5 kegs in it! I know how you feel right now! feels amazing huh?!?!? no more bottling!!!!

Actually I don't think I'll be giving up bottling completely. I've got a belgian aging on oak chips right now and a porter aging in secondary. I think those 2 will be going into bottles as I would like to age most of those batches for a while. However my wheat and IPA that are sitting in the closet will be filling my 2 newly acquired kegs in the next couple of days :D

Thanks, no, I can open the freezer any time. That little L bracket attached to the freezer door catches on the bottom door when the freezer is opened. Which means I can open the fridge without opening the freezer. But if you open the freezer, the L bracket catches the fridge door and opens both. Which keeps the freezer door from pushing the tap handles to the open position

That's a great idea. See, just when you thought you knew everything.... - Dwain

updated pics

Drip tray on, and the hinges moved to the other side for my corner.
P1110543.jpg

The kegs and CO2 tank. My platform was about 1/2" too long, so that will need to be disassmbled and cut back, but eventually the platform will be in so I can get 5 kegs plus the CO2 in there(the remaining 3 kegs and taps will be a future purchase)
P1110545.jpg

And a couple of better shots of the L-bracket setup in case anyone is still wondering how that bit of genius works :D
P1110546.jpg

P1110547.jpg

I just drilled my 2 of 4 taps today and made my shelves, (I'll post those pics tomorrow) I bought a side-by-side on CL for $50 in amazing condition and built my shelves to fit 5 kegs in it! I know how you feel right now! feels amazing huh?!?!? no more bottling!!!!

Ok, I take it back,no more bottling!!! Just kegged up 2 batches and cleaned the carboys out in about 30 minutes....I'm starting to like this.

Though it might be time for a counter pressure filler so I can tuck a few bottles away for aging.....

And I'm finally done with the kegerator build, platform complete!!! I can fit 2 more kegs in the middle there, and 1 more keg behind the CO2 tank if needed, which would bumb me up to 5 total at some point in the future, though I'm not sure if I could keep 5 kegs full(atleast until I get a bigger BK to make 10 or 15 gal batches.....hmm)
P1110560.jpg

And enough space on the bottom there to stand up some standard 12oz bottles of beer.
P1110561.jpg

Back