Magnetic stirrer for 5000Ml flask?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was given a 5000 ml flask. What will be a good stirrer to use? The stir starter plate recommends up to a 2000ml.

***********1. Enforce rules only against their foes (i.e., anyone who does not suck up to them) while exempting their friends from similar or worse behavior.

2. Silently boot someone and then proceed to trash talk the person as if the person was still there with an opportunity to respond.

3. Boot someone and then start a thread for the sole purpose of boasting about having removed the person, so as to bask in the praise of sychophantic members applauding the moderator's bold action.

4. If a person is being stalked or trolled, scold, warn and threaten both the victim and the perpetrator to stop it. If the victim protests, boot the victim for having defied the moderator's authority. Add injury to insult by allowing the troll or stalker to stay because the stalker or troll didn't talk back to the moderator.

5. If the moderator loses an argument to another member, selectively delete the member's comments so that the thread no longer makes any sense.

6. Selectively enforce the tribe's rules only against newcomers, newbies or people who are not friend with the moderator.

7. Speak about their actions as moderator in the passive voice, use the royal we, and otherwise take on a haughty, authoritarian tone. I mean, dude, you're just a moderator. ***************

I ended up getting the stirstarter.com plate. He said people can use the 5000ml on it, and can perform with it full.

I ordered 3 stir starters last week and asked about the 5l flasks. He said that they work fine with them but for $8 could use a large box.

The standard stir starters are 6x4x2, but for the $8 extra he can make one with a 8x6x3 box.

Here is the info he gave me showing the 5l in use.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dan.jeska/A5LiterFlaskOnAStirStarter#

Right on the front page under March News, there is a link for "See the StirStarter in action with a 5 liter Erlenmeyer flask."

I would add a few rubber sticky pads that protect your table tops or funiture preventing any 5 liter accidental slips off of your large yeast starters.
Hell I used brand new 1 gallon kelley Moore plastic paint cans with the steel lid hot wired off as my starter flasks with a plastic lid having a tight fit.
Call me cheap below was a phonograph record player turn table as my speed control with a 50# U shaped magnet driving a Cow Magnet stir bar. DIY Popular Mechanics thinking here brewing on the cheap LOL! years ago.
Hell I have my German grandpaents crocks, brewing equipment with porcelain cap bottles from when the brewed thru the prohibition era.

Back